Netflix Marathon

{John on the side}

I grabbed my science books from my locker and my glasses. I do need glasses to see, but only for reading. I put on my glasses and slam locker shut. I walk towards my last class of the day, science. Don't get me wrong, I love science, it's just that it drags on forever. Plus, I have a Netflix marathon waiting for me at home.

I walked in the room a few seconds before the bell rang. I'm normally the first person, but my glasses broke and I had to get my backup ones.

Everyone's eyes were on me, making me slightly uncomfortable. I walked to my seat in the back of the room and set my things on the desk. Mr. Hazards was teaching us about ecosystems and stuff like that.

My gaze absentmindedly traveled to a figure a few seats in front of me, also known as my best friend, John Carpenter. He's been my best friend since seventh grade, even though we didn't talk a lot in sixth grade. It's a story for another day.

While Mr. Hazards was droning on and on, I opened my notebook and grabbed my pencil. I drew random swirls around the page with a few small hearts here and there. I must've been drawing for a while, seeing as the bell had rung not even a second ago.

I gathered my things and walked briskly out of class. Netflix awaits! I twisted my combination and popped my locker open. Grabbing my bag, I quickly shoved my books and pencil case in. I carefully put my glasses in the front pocket and grabbed a hoodie out of my locker.

My brothers know that I study a lot and get perfect grades, but in school I have to be a nerd. I don't like attention in school so I pretend to be a nerd. Perfect grades and attendance doesn't make a nerd, but glasses and braces do. Even though I need glasses and I have braces, no one that knows me personally would even think of me as a nerd.

I pulled the hood over my head and closed my locker, slinging my bag over my shoulders. I walked out of the school and walked by the buses. Mom would be mad at me for not taking the bus, but I feel the need to walk. I pulled my sleeves down a bit as a light snow began to fall.

I heard footsteps behind me, and I spun around to see John trying to catch up to me. When he stood next to me, walking in step together, he smiled at the sky. "Got any plans for tonight?" he asked.

"Yes, I have plans," I laughed quietly.

"Oh, really?"

"Yep. I have a Netflix marathon waiting for me," I smiled. He nodded and we continued walking in a comfortable silence. John lives a few streets down from me, so we hang out a lot. The walk is about thirty minutes long, and on the bus at about twenty minutes.

We part our ways at my house and I step inside, the warm air circling around me. I walked up to my room, not bothering to acknowledge my brothers or mom. I plop down on my bed and grab my laptop, signing in and opening Netflix up. This night is not going to be short.