The Sea Serpent's Castle

It was mid winter and everyone was cold and bored, while they waited for their English lesson to finally end.

Gon was sitting at the back of the class as usual, just quietly taking notes. 

"Does anybody know what a preposition is?" The teacher called out.

Gon knew the answer as usual but didn't want to put his hand up just in case his voice sounded dry or maybe he wouldn't be picked, who knows what could happen. There were just so many possibilities.

"A preposition is a word that tells you where or when something is in relation to something else." A student called out.

"Very good, next time raise your hand though." 

Gon was just watching the clock, anxiously waiting for the lesson to end. He wanted to go back to his dorm room and lay on his bed as usual. Just like he did all day, every day.

*RINGGGGG* *RINGGGGG*

The bell rang, indicating that lesson was finally over. Gon packed his stuff up quietly at the back of the classroom. While everyone else ran out in a hurry to meet up with their other friends. Gon didn't really have any friends, he wasn't even sure if people knew he existed.

He made his way back to his dorm room as usual, it was only roughly fifteen minutes from the school building. Maybe ten. Just slightly past the beach. He hated walking past there as there was always too many people around. Once he opened the room door he slowly took off his jacket and hung it up alongside his school bag. He then walked up to his bed and just allowed himself to fall backwards and stare into space...just like he did every day.

Sometimes he just wished he had superpowers and was confident. He used to watch a show called Naruto day after day. The main character just seemed so strong and self-confident. He was what Gon aspired to be.

The next warning he was woken up to sirens coming from all the tall buildings in the vicinity. It was only about six am. He reluctantly lunged himself out of bed and rubbed his eyes as he looked out of the blinds. He saw the same image on every big screen in the city.

He switched on the tv, turning to the news channel.

"BREAKING NEWS! A new species has been discovered, experts are calling them Sea Serpents. Only one has been spotted so far but there is no reason why there shouldn't be more. We suspect they can only survive about two hours outside of water and have only been spotted during the night so far. We don't know if there is a specific reason for this or it is just simply coincidence but they are extremely strong and fast, too much for any ordinary weapon to handle without causing significant damage to all surrounding areas. Scientist's are already trying to find a way to stop these creatures. Possibly discover something they are weak too."

Gon was slightly worried but then he remembered a quote he had once heard, "If you don't like the hand that fate's dealt you with, fight for a new one." 

That was exactly what he would do. School was cancelled and he suspected everyone would be staying in their houses, even police. He decided the next day would be the first time he gets to sit on the beach and listen to the waves crash against the shore. After all only one of these creatures had been spotted and if he did see one he has Naruto with him.

THE NEXT DAY

Gon woke up at around five pm. He never had anything he liked to do so he usually just slept. He went through his usual routine of making breakfast, getting in the shower, brushing his teeth and finally getting dressed.

By the time he was done it was already eight pm. As usual he spent way to much time standing in the shower.

He ended up daydreaming on his bed for another hour or so and left the house around nine. As it was winter it had already gone dark by seven, so he took his time strolling due to the fact there would be no one else around. He got to the beach by nine thirty.