iii. quidditch is cancelled

》quidditch is cancelled

Leah's smile was as wide as the The Great Wall of China as she walked into Hogwarts once again

She walking beside Luna Lovegood and Eddie Carmichael. Eddie was chatting her ears off, and Luna walked silently. Usually Leah was chatty as well, but seeing the The Great Hall again after a long, long summer, she was rendered speechless with excitement.

The doors opened, revealing The Great Hall, ready for the feast. Golden plates and goblets gleamed by the light of hundreds and hundreds of candles, floating over the tables in midair. The four long House tables were packed with chattering students; at the top of the Hall, the staff sat along one side of a fifth table, facing their pupils. The ceiling was enchanted to look like the sky outside, and she had never seen it look this stormy. Black and purple clouds were swirling across it, and as another thunderclap sounded outside, a fork of lightning flashed across it.

"You know," She told Luna. "I wonder why the ceiling's enchantments have gone crazy." Luna just shrugged.

Leah dragged her friends to the Ravenclaw table, basically bouncing with happiness. Seeing the castle again was enough to wipe any bad memories from the previous summer. She sat next to Cho Chang to her left, Marcus Belby to her right, Padma Patil across from her.

"Hey guys!" Leah greeted. "Who's helping me with the First Day Pranks?"

Cho rolled her eyes. "You know, you really shouldn't do pranks anymore. We're much too old for them now, Leah. Besides, you always get caught."

Leah gave the girl a cheeky grin. "Getting caught is part of the fun, Cho!"

Eddie grinned. "Don't mind Cho, Le. She's still got Hogwarts: A History stuck up her asshole."

Cho rolled her eyes and turned away from the group of Ravenclaws.

Maybe people thought Leah should have been in Gryffindor or Slytherin, Gryffindor for her bravery to pull off such extreme pranks, Slytherin for being sly and sneaky, but Leah quite enjoyed being in Ravenclaw. She always told people that she pulled off the pranks because she was the genius of the group.

The doors of the Great Hall opened and silence fell. Professor McGonagall was leading a long line of first years up to the top of the Hall. They appeared to have swum across the lake rather than sailed. All of them were shivering with a combination of cold and nerves as they filed along the staff table and came to a halt in a line facing the rest of the school - all of them except the smallest of the lot, a boy with mousy hair, who was wrapped in what Leah recognized as Hagrid's moleskin overcoat.

Professor McGonagall placed a three-legged stool on the ground before the first years and, on top of it, an extremely old, dirty patched wizard's hat. The first years stared at it. So did everyone else. For a moment, there was silence. Then a long tear near the brim opened wide like a mouth, and the hat broke into song: