Chapter Two

~peter~

Adama and I have been dating for sometime now, and making plans to marry her in the near future..

I was washing my clothes when Adama came to me and gave me a hug feeling excited.

"Sweetheart guess what "she asked  almost immediately.

"You know I'm not good at guessing" I said.

"Okay , I just checked my WASSCE results and...

She handed over an envelope to me,
I took it, and was opening it with excitement as I opened it wow..

straight A's

Wow!

Wow!!

Sweetheart you have made it, you would be going to University soon"
We hugged each other.

Wow... This calls for celebration.

"Yeah!!" She said feeling excited.

So go inside and just relax, we are going to party today!

Wow!!.. thanks So much sweetheart but I have to go home now, my dad said I would be celebrating it in the house, so don't worry we can party some other time..

"Okay then my love, later then" I said.

We gave eachother a  hug, then I kissed her on the forehead.

Then she left.

Then I continued with my washing. While my lips curved with a smile.

*****
~Adama~

My way home was full of excitement,
Finally I would be going to the University to study my dream course, actually I want to go into social works to support the society in any way I can in future, I'm so excited that finally my dreams are coming true.

**
My dad came home, we where celebrating my good results, we were having a special dinner together, on my plate I was having the biggest meat yay!!

"Adama your meat is very big oo" my stepmom beseeched.

"Daddy, Adama's meat is bigger than all of us" Chisom cut in.

If you want your meat to also be bigger that her's then you must make sure you pass your WASSCE.

"You are not even doing well at school and you expect us to celebrate you "said my dad.

"Dad what of me who doesn't want to continue my education, I want to learn fashion and Design" Anne beseeched.

"Shut up! Shut up!!,what do you mean by you don't want to continue your education" my stepmom angrily said with a stare

"Look all my daughters shall write their WASSCE examination no matter what "said my dad.

You are always treating Adama like your only daughter, and what about Chisom and Anne, infact enjoy your meal alone, pulling Chisom and Anne away from the food, they went inside without emptying their plates.

"Look my daughter don't mind them enjoy your meal "said my dad.

--------------------------------------------------------

This brings us to the end of this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote and comment

Written by: Yakubu Mariam Wunizaligu 💝