*11*

Matt and Jeremy left a few minutes later, but Tyler stayed with me, I was waiting on food. We sat in silence for a while before Tyler finally spoke, "So what's the deal with you and Damon?"

"No deal" I shook my head, playing with the straw in my lemonade

"Another cool trick that vampires have, we can hear conversations even from across a crowded room." Tyler smiled as he stared at me.

"That's a neat trick." I sighed, leaning back in my chair and folding my arms over my chest, "I kissed him. Found journals from my uncle where he wrote about vampires. I questioned Damon on being one. Then he bit me. And then I kissed him again."

"Was the stake before or after the second kiss?" I frowned at him, "Stefan told me about it. Asked me to keep an eye open for anything looking to kill vampires."

"Before. So you can see why it's a little -"

"Weird? Complicated? Mysterious? Dangerous? Exciting?" He smirked, winking at the end.

"Scary." I put him straight. "The vampire bit don't bother me." Tyler frowned "it's the drinking and anger issues I have a problem with."

My food arrived and I placed it in the middle of the table to share with Tyler. We picked on fries and cheese in silence.

"Damon is a good guy at heart" Tyler pipped in nearly half way through the fries, "he's a little bit broken. But wouldn't you be if you'd been dead for over 150 years? But if he's decided you're worth it, he'll protect you from anything. And make sure you're never hurt again."

"150 years?" Tyler nodded, "wow. That is a long time. Imagine finding someone who you love only for them to either want to kill you, run away from you, or grow old and die..." I said, more to myself than to Tyler. But he replied nonetheless

"Exactly. He's broken. In more ways then anyone can really understand."

"Guess I'm a bit broken too." I noticed a tear roll down my cheek, not knowing they had been forming in my eyes. I wiped it away but another soon fell. "I just need to get out of this town."

"No you don't." Tyler picked up my hands and held them tight in his, "you need to stay here, be close to Matt, and live a good, happy life."

"But I'm scared." I whispered as more tears fell.

"That's what makes it the best decision you'll ever make." He leaned in and wrapped his arms around me, holding me close as I sobbed on his shoulder.

Maybe I should stay. Find my feet. Set up camp. Try and have an Apple Pie life.....with a vampire?