Knives

It was a cold day in our house in Chicago. My parents had went to eat at a restaurant and had left me alone because I had insisted they have a date night. I was playing GTA 5 on my Xbox One. I heard the house phone ring, and knew it couldn't be my parents because I told them to call me on my cell phone. Damn telemarketers I thought in my head. I didn't answer them because they always get on my nerves. In 15 more minutes, the phone rang again. I knew it had to be telemarketers, therefore I didn't answer again. 40 minutes passed and the phone rang again. I decided to answer it because maybe they would stop calling. I answered it, and sure enough it was telemarketers, advertising some stupid knife. I hung up after 3 minutes of listening to their dumb shit. I started wondering when my parents would come back, but then I remembered they usually take a while to eat. I heard a knock at the door, and it startled me. I carefully and quietly made my way downstairs and opened the door. There was a man in gray, I said, "Can I help you?". He said , "Yes, you can." I recognized that voice. The telemarketer. I didn't even see the knife in his hand. I didn't even think about closing the door because like any other 13 year old would be, I was in shock. He came close to me and he said: "Want one of these knives for free?". I just stood there quietly and in shock. Then he said "Sorry if I scared you. Here, take this SupahSharp Fruit knife."