TodoDeku - 1

Deku's POV

"Where are you heading?" Todoroki asked me.

"Oh, shopping," I said sheepishly. I didn't exactly want anyone to know I was hunting to waste my money on yet another All Might thing. It was rumored there were some new things at a popular hero store.

"Ah for the new All Might merchandise?" He asked. My face turned pink and I nodded, embarrassed he had figured it out so easily. "Are you going with anyone?"

"Ah no that was supposed to be a secret," I said, tugging at the stray hairs near the name of my neck. I could feel a soft whine of pain in the base of my lungs, like a low hanging fog. It was so embarrassing to have Todoroki speaking so casually and unnervingly close to me at the moment, so my chest was tight as I struggled to breath. Each breath just swirled the pining fog sitting in the bottom of my chest around in my lungs. "Did you...want to come with?"

"Yes," he replied, picking up his coat from the common room sofa. Had he been ready to leave?

"Did you want to go somewhere?" I asked.

"No."

"Then why do you have your jacket? Besides, can't you use your quirk to warm yourself up?" I asked.

"Both valid concerns," he said. "I was just carrying my jacket with me since it was cold. I didn't want to use my left side."

"Right," I muttered. Way to bring that up Izuku. "Well come on then."

"Did I mention I wanted to take you ice skating?" Todoroki asked and I spluttered, turning my face away from him.

"Me?! Ice skating?"

"Yes, you and the whole class," he replied and I let out a sigh. I was slightly relieved that it wasn't like a date, but also disappointed. "I've noticed Bakugo and (y/n) getting much closer. I'd assume he would want to ask her to come."

"I don't know about that, he might not take lightly to your suggestion," I replied.

"You have noticed their closeness, yes?" Todoroki asked and I nodded.

"Trust me, I've noticed," I said.

"It is strange. Perhaps they are courting."

"C-courting?"

"Excuse me, dating," he replied. I hadn't considered the possibility that they were dating. (Y/n) would've told me, right? "I seem to have failed in finding her a partner."

"Wait what?"

"After our small fight and confusion of feelings," Todoroki said. "I was to find her a more suitable partner."

"She asked...you?"

"Well...she didn't ask me," he said. "I just offered."

"And you've been trying this whole time?" I asked. Wasn't that months ago??

"A lot of things I do go unnoticed," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows, but let it go when Todoroki proved he was done talking.

"Well, I feel like she would've told me she was with him," I said.

"I have not heard much from her lately. Her time remains with Bakugo."

"Not all of it."

"Yes, for you and Mina," he said.

"And—"

"Kaminari? Kirishima? Though I seem to believe Kirishima has been quiet lately," he said. "Too many best friends."

"Eh well you don't have to be one of (y/n)'s best friends. You can be one of mine," I offered. He looked to me, bowing his head slightly.

"Thank you Midoriya."

"Eh, it's no problem," I said. Friendzone. Population me. It was my fault, that was obvious. We came upon the shop only to find that they didn't have any of the new things. Either sold out or the store was unable to get the merchandise in the first place.

"I am sorry they did not have what you were looking for," he said.

"It's alright. Like I don't have enough," I laughed, awkwardly walking beside Todoroki.

"We can look at that shop," he said. He pointed to a store overflowing with pink things and I just nodded. It was a little bit of an odd shop for us to go in, but I guess Todoroki didn't know any better. We walked in and he glanced around, curious at why everything was so pastel.

I separated from him to glanced around, a small woman at the counter smiling at us brightly. I looked up at a box of little hello panda cookies. I admired the packaging before realizing they were strawberry and aimed to find a different flavor. I felt a presence at my back, a hand reaching up for the box. I turned around quickly where I stood, coming nearly nose to chin with Todoroki. He glanced down at me, my face red and my heart racing. I let out a small squeak, looking to the box in his hand.

"We're you going for these?" He asked.

"I—well—"

"Do you like these?" He asked.

"The panda...very cute," I said. God he was so close to me.

"I shall get them for you then," he said.

"Agh, no you don't have to—"

"I insist," he replied and before I could say another word, he was gone to the register. I didn't...even like those. He handed me a bag when he was done and I murmured a quiet thank you. "So about ice skating."

"Yeah?"

"You know how to ice skate?"

"Uh, no I do not," I replied.

"I will have to teach you then Midoriya," he replied and I felt my throat grow tight.

"Really?"

"Well I would like it very much if you were there," he said. I felt my chest swell with admiration and I nodded.

"I'd like to go."

"Good, because (y/n) told me you did not know and would need help," he said and I felt my face flood with red. "I offered to help her, but she insisted that someone like Kaminari could help and that you needed more than she did."

"Oh. Great," I said.

I swear (y/n) was really pushing it sometimes. At least this time it had worked a little. The thought of Todoroki guiding me along the ice made my face so hot I thought I might actually melt it when we got there.

"Midoriya?"

"Hmm?" I glanced at his heterochromatic eyes for a moment, suddenly feeling a little lost. Gee he is so pretty.

"Uh...thank you? Why have you stopped walking?" He asked. I glanced down at my feet, realizing that I had indeed come to an abrupt stop.

"Gah Sorry!" I scrambled to a walk again, a heavy blush creeping up my neck. Todoroki had said thank you...meaning that I had been talking out loud?! "Did I call you—" I just stopped.

"Pretty? Yes you did. I appreciate the compliment Midoriya. Most people do not find this scar very pretty," he said. Why was he so okay with this?? "You're very pretty as well."

W H A T ?

"Huh?!"

"Most people too use pretty for women, but I appreciate your use here with me. More people should use it for men and non-binary people," he said and I just stared at him dumbfounded. Did he seriously not pick up on the romantic connotations of which I said it. There was no way (y/n) was hearing about this. Maybe the panda cookies, but certainly not this.

"Oh you're welcome?" I replied. He had completely glossed over the fact he had called me pretty too. Wait, he thought I was pretty?

"Shall we get back now?" He asked and I just smiled awkwardly, that fog returning to sit in my lungs.

"Yeah."

~Caly