Chapter 11

Jayden walked into the living room to find Julian and Dani in the middle of a kiss.

“I’m sorry to break up this cute, very long overdue moment, but we’re all kind of waiting for you guys so we can eat and everyone’s really hungry... No pressure to stop or anything.”

“Start without us,” Julian suggested as he tried to go back to kissing Dani before she playfully slapped him.

“We’re coming Jayden. Thanks for the heads up!” She said as she tried to flatten her hair, which Julian had unintentionally messed up during their intense make out session.

“Sweet! And you can thank me later for inviting you tonight Dani” he winked.

Both Julian and Dani laughed as he left the room. Julian stopped to listen. He hadn’t heard Dani laugh in a really long time and he couldn’t help but smile. This was the first time in months that he had seen his best friend so happy.

“You have the most amazing laugh,” Julian said as he turned back to her. “I really missed it... I missed you.”

Dani was looking straight into his piercing, bright blue eyes. “I missed you too Jules, so much.”

“Be my girlfriend. I want you to be mine, forever,” he confessed. He couldn’t tolerate the thought of not being with her, not having her as his own, not being able to kiss her whenever he wanted and holding her when she needed him.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way.” She said before they both leaned in and their lips touched once again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Well I can only imagine why the both of you are happy, but we’re all bloody starving!” Zach complained as Julian and Dani walked out into the backyard.

“Sorry! Didn't realise we were holding everyone up.” Dani apologised.

“It’s okay guys. Just tell me that waiting for you guys was worth it, otherwise I’ll throw some sausages at the both of you,” he comically threatened.

Julian looked at Dani and smiled, “yeah, it was definitely worth it.” He couldn’t believe that he finally had the courage to tell her how much he loved her, and that his best friend was now also his girlfriend.

“Well it’s about time!” Julian’s mum yelled out from the barbeque.

“What’s about time?” Dani’s mum had just walked in.

“Our kids are finally dating. It’s happening! Soon we’ll be mother-in-laws!” Julian’s mum was excited. She knew that her son was in love with her best friend’s daughter, and it hurt her to see him so torn apart over it for so long.

“Well it took you both long enough! We’ve been discussing it for ages now. But calm down over there, they aren’t even 18 yet!” Dani’s mum was relieved. She heard her daughter cry every night. She knew the pain that it caused her to be in love with her best friend’s son and she was beyond thankful that the pain would now stop.

“Well, it’s nice to know that you’ve already planned our wedding, but can we eat now?” Dani asked. Both she and Julian hated being the centre of attention, so naturally their cheeks were now a darker shade of pink than before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone finished eating and Dani had offered to wash the dishes. The boys were all playing a game of cricket outside, so when Dani felt someone’s hands around her waist she flinched and almost broke the plate.

“Sorry babe! Didn’t mean to scare you...” Julian laughed. Dani shut the water and turned around so that she was leaning against the sink and facing him.

“You’re lucky that was the last plate, otherwise you’d be pulling broken glass from my hands.” She tried to pretend to be pissed off but failed miserably as he attempted to put his hands back around her waist, successfully this time, before pulling her closer to him.

Julian had a cheeky smirk on his face, “Well then I guess that’s lucky for the both of us, huh?”

“Mmm-hmm... I guess so.” Dani was finding it hard to focus on anything other than him. His blue eyes were so captivating, as he stared straight into her brown ones. Julian leaned in to close the gap between them both. The two lower buttons on his shirt were undone, so Dani slipped her hands through and felt the skin of his lower torso against her palms before moving her hands to his lower back.

“I'm going to need you to stop doing that” Julian begged. Dani was running her fingers up and down his back.

“Doing what?” she teased. She knew that it was turning him on and she loved how easy it was for her now. She had only ever imagined of doing this to him when they were no more than friends, hoping that one day she could have this affect on him, so now that they were a couple she took advantage of the situation.

“Getting nice and cosy already are we?” Will interrupted as he walked to the fridge. “We asked you to get us some water Jules, but you seem to be distracted.”

“Yeah, sorry about that. She’s pretty hard to resist,” Julian laughed. Dani took her hands out from under his shirt and put them around his waist as she gave Will a smile, as if to say ‘woops, my bad!’.

“Well, don’t let me distract you too man, because I’m pretty hard to resist myself,” Will fluttered his eyelashes and pretended to flick his hair before leaving the kitchen with the water.

“I need to get back to the boys...” Julian stated as they both laughed.

“Go, I’ll be out soon,” Dani said as she gave him a small peck on the lips. As Julian left the kitchen, she began to wonder what would happen when he had to leave Adelaide and go to Sydney for the live shows. She wouldn’t be able to go and watch him perform every week because of school, and she was afraid that, even though they were dating, they might fall apart again. She was happy that things were the way they were for now, but she was scared for what the future would hold for them both. What if the boys became really famous? Would he still want to be with her, or would it be too hard?

She brushed off all of these thoughts for now. ‘Now’s not the time for that,’ she thought as she walked outside.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all appreciate this chapter, because I just finished writing it and it's almost 3am. I have to wake up for work at 7.30am.... Ha ha ha. Don't forget to drop your comments below and let me know what you think! And please vote if you like it :) Thanks! xx