Chapter 10: New House

"What is it?" I'd say, trying to hide my fear from what I'd see before.

"I bought the new house with the help of someone special! You're going to meet him after I show you the house."

We're getting out of here!

"Yay! Are we going to sell this house?"

"Yes, after you check the whole house to make sure there isn't anything we forgot to bring out."

I'd go inside, and never in my life had I seen such an empty place! There'd be one coffee table and couch that Steve would always use to look cool in and drink though.

It's Steve's so it's fine.

I didn't know why, but I'd smell it.

Ewwww!

I'd cough like 30 times just to get the trash can smell out of my body.

Oh, I can be so foolish at times...ok, moving on.

Everywhere seems so plain; I was sure there wouldn't be anything else left.

"Mom, it looks good in there!" I'd assure her as I walk out of the house.

"Great! Let's go to our new house then! I'll give you a tour."

"Yay!" I'd scream.

As we got in the car, I'd sense that something is different...

"Uh, mom?"

"Yes?"

"Is this our car?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you! I bought a new car as well in order to try to get rid of you-know-who's items."

"Wow, really? I love it so much!"

"Yeah, we can go on so many road trips together using this!" she'd exclaim.

I'd nod, but when she mentioned 'you-know-who,' the incident at the supermarket suddenly came into my mind.

Ugh, should I tell her now?

Yes! She deserves to know!

No! Look at how jubilant she is right now! Do you really want to bring her mood down?

Ok, I think I've made my decision...

I'd take a deep breath in and begin.

"Mom?"

I would just have to let it all out

"Hmm?"

"Um, so when I went to the supermarket, I saw...Steve," I'd say, hesitating a bit. "Then, a police officer came up to me, saying that Steve was a criminal."

Her facial expression didn't change at all!

Wha-

Shouldn't she...

"Isn't he supposed to be in jail right now though?" she'd ask, preventing me from going deep in thought.

"I suppose he escaped but has been caught today. The police told me that he'd be asked a bunch of questions at some point on TV, so we should definitely go watch it"

Her face would show signs of delightment.

"Really? That's amazing!"

Doesn't she already know the reason for his actions though? I mean she was his former wife anyway...

However, I decided not to ask her that.

"We're here!" I'd hear my mother say.

My eyes would be blown.