_____
epilogue ☆
_____

when you're in love, one year fly's by like the speed of light. it doesn't seem real that jaden and briar had officially been "back" together for one year. in one year, briar finally turned eighteen, jaden turned twenty. they travelled across the country with jadens parents stopping in colorado, idaho and south dakota. briar grew close with the hossler family and they treated her like their own. briar adored amy and amy the same. briar thought she was the sweetest lady ever, and she was. amy was so happy for her youngest kid to have finally found someone good for him. or so she thought.

somehow someway, lauren miller always finds her way into any of briars relationships to ruin them. and this one was no different. lauren had been texting jaden threatening to hurt briar if he didn't break up with her. lauren had made a plan that she would come over and sleep with jaden when briar wasn't home. he didn't want to agree, but for the sake of his girl, he had to. he didn't want to see her get hurt by lauren anymore. he was tired of her, and maybe this would stop her once and for all. it was risky, but he was willing to set briar free for her own good. she deserved better.

lauren knocked on jaden and briars apartment door, and jaden let her in with a scowl on his face.

"nice to see you." she says

"save it bitch." he says, "i'm fucking sick of you."

"listen jaden you don't understand." she says,
"this needs to happen."

"lauren why do i have to fucking sleep with you?!" he yells

"it's to protect everyone here!" she covers her face in guilt, "everything i did to briar was to protect everyone in la." she says, "and my family."

"i don't believe you." jaden shakes his head, "i'm only willing to do this to protect briar from you." he says, "i'm willing to set her free if that means she's safe."

"you'll understand later." lauren nods, "i'm sorry." she says, "i'm sorry that it has to be this way."

"come on." he leads her into their bedroom, "let's just get this over with. she'll be home from mads soon."

the two take off their clothes, and jaden immediately regretting this decision he made. he didn't know what lauren was talking about, but whatever it was, he knew it wasn't good. all he wanted to do was make sure that briar was safe, no matter what. and if he had to leave her, then he would, as much as he didn't want to. if you truly love someone, you let them go.

"i'll just lay on top of you." lauren says awkwardly

"don't try to kiss me or anything." he says

"again." lauren try's to lighten the mood, but jaden wasn't having it, "look i'm sorry." she says, "you'll understand it all eventually."

"whatever." he rolls his eyes

he lays down on the bed with his eyes shut, with his head looking straight up at the ceiling. he didn't even want to make eye contact with lauren,
"is it okay if i sit on top of you?" she asks

"i don't care at this point." jaden doesn't move a muscle, still staring at the ceiling

lauren positions herself in her underwear over top of jaden on his crotch area. she takes the blanket that briar and jaden slept in last night and throws it over top of herself.