Mistakes

recap ;

"you know," he started off, a sad smile settling upon his lips. why was he still talking to her? the point of moving on was to forget. to forget about all of this and start fresh and new. but aurora was someone pretty hard to forget.

"it's like our happiness was sucked away an swallowed into this camera."

Mistakes // Zayn Malik

HER curious green eyes gazed up at him, a knowing, sad smile growing on her lips as she took a seat opposite him. his fingers wrapped around the warm coffee cup in his hands, seeking warmth. it was sort of strange how his whole body turned warm as soon as she begun to smile, but his hands stayed cold. maybe it was because his fingers longed to touch. they longed to touch the warmth of her skin.

"i," she spoke, stopping to search for the right words. he could sense a small debate going on in her mind as her face contorted into one of confusion.

"i don't really think that's true, zayn," she spoke, looking away. a strand of her recently-dyed-red hair fell from her loose ponytail and zayn resisted the urge to push it back.

"what do you mean?" he asked, letting out a shaky breath. was she really not happy when they were together? was it all just an act? at these thoughts, he began to feel a bubble of anger pushing it's way to surface, but he tried his best to push it back down, hugging the still-warm-cup with his still-cold- hands.

"don't get me wrong. i was happy together, but you and i both know that only lasted for so long. i don't think we were happy being together, zayn. we were just happy with the thought of being happy."

his eyes fell to the table, a knot forming in his stomach. she wasn't even making sense. what was she even saying? that he wasn't happy? of course he was happy.

"you and i were both miserable before we met," she forced out a nervous laugh. "we both were looking to feel another emotion, something relieving, right?" he nodded sadly at her question.

"you really think this was meant to be? i mean us, zayn. were we meant to be?" she questioned, her voice quivering. she blinked rapidly, trying to avoid the familiar tears that were threatening to spill.

he looked up, looking straight into her eyes -- which were mirroring his with the same sadness. his cold hands reached out, clearing her cheek of the falling tears. he pushed back the red strand of hair, then dropping his hand to the table, scared for some reason.

"i don't know. i really don't know, aurora," he lied, scanning her face, trying to remember ever single detail, every flaw, every perfect curve and edge, every single bit of beauty she held. he was scared and he had no clue why. maybe because it would all repeat itself; the painful words declaring she was leaving. and this time, for good. all of what she had said was not true, for him at least. he still felt butterflies in his stomach whenever she smiled, he stupidly blushed whenever her lips made contact with his cheeks, and his thoughts always seemed to revolve around her. he was in love with her. but what's it worth saying it to her now? her response would obviously be the opposite of what he was looking for. to him, they were meant to be, but mistakes do happen and maybe he was wrong and they were a mistake... a beautiful mistake.

"i'm so sorry, zayn, but maybe we weren't. love doesn't last forever,"she said barely above a whisper as if it pained her to say the words. zayn wanted to scream because it did. love doesn't die. but with those words said, aurora picked herself up and stood on her feet, her legs wobbly. she could honestly cry a whole river right now.

her hand reached out for the camera on the table and pushed it toward the boy who seemed to hold so many emotions inside him.

"so long, zayn. i'm sorry for all of his, but we have to learn to move on from our mistakes, right?" zayn didn't respond, staring at the black object before him with annoyance. in his peripheral vision, he watched as she rushed out, pulling up the hood of her jacket, and disappearing from his view.

'we have to learn to move on from our mistakes,' her words invaded his mind, an anger rising from him, to only be pushed down by the last bit of coffee in his cup. zayn rose, taking the camera with him, and fled straight to his room where he smashed the camera against the wall, letting out the anger. he screamed, cried, and let out the anger through his fist, hitting the walls. he heard voices outside his door, calling his name and asking what was going on. but zayn was barely listening as he slid down the wall and onto the floor, loud sobs emitting from his lips. he was angry. they weren't a mistake. but this stupid life doesn't go the way you want it to.

"j-just. ugh!" he cried, his fist smashing into another wall. he furiously rubbed at his eyes, trying to calm down.

his raspy voice croaked out, "it's all over, she's gone. just -- just fuck her and this damned camera.

the end.

+

i feel v mean ending it here, but then i don't sooo. i really enjoyed writing this one and i hope you guys enjoyed reading it :) sorry for any mistakes !!