Prologue

It was one bloody cold night to have started traveling. 

The brown-haired girl shivered as her breath made small white wisps of  steam rise from her mouth. Trudging through the freshly fallen snow, she pause a moment to readjust the fuzzy scarf around her neck. Looking up towards the twinkling star filled sky she mentally kicked herself when a few snowflakes started to fall. Going into a brisk jog, each loping step took her further and further away from her previous residence and closer to her intended  destination.  

The snow picked up, flying into her face and irritating her eyes.

Unable to see anything further than a foot ahead she let out a growl of frustration and took a sharp left, only to step into nothingness. With a muffled yelp of surprise she went tumbling  down a steep hill, running over numerous rocks and smacking into several low hanging branches. By the time she reached the bottom the girl  was nearly unconscious and badly injured. Cold and trembling, she lay there for a moment gathering her bearings. Refusing to succumb to the heavily falling snow, she shakily stood up and leaned on a tree for support. The freezing bark was rough and sent a shock wave of  pain through her hand. 

Letting go and stumbling to the next tree, she realized there was a faint light in the distance. Her mouth opened to say something, anything, but nothing came out. The girl slumped against the tree and slowly slid down, her breath trembling. Body completely numb and unable to move any more, her eyes stayed fixated on the light until they slowly closed and she fell into a soft blanket of darkness.

~~~~~

Authors Note:

i have no idea where im going with this tbh im writing it as i go