Chapter Five: I Suggest Another Hobby

"Won't somebody hold me and tell me it'll all work out, Say that there's nothing to worry about now, Cause I'm so sick of the drama and I hate to shout... Say something before I go crazy now"

[Song: "I Go Crazy" - Orla Garland ]

RECAP:

Taking advantage of the confusion of the three transfers hanging out with Naomi, Jordan came up with a brilliant plan: they were going to pretend to bully Naomi.

Trigger Warning: Depictions of verbal and physical bullying.

~

I dropped my binder.

This was bound to happen when you have been shoved to the ground from behind. I crashed onto the floor, having a rough landing on my arms. Wincing at the ache of my arms that took the force of my fall, I managed to sit up.

I turned around and looked up to see them- the three transfer students. Declan wore his signature scowl, his dark brown eyes felt piercing in his glare. Bennett stared at me with cold blue eyes that could bring a shiver down one's spine. And finally, Jordan whose bright green eyes had a particular glint in them. With his kind smile on his face, Jordan moved forward and held his hand out to me to help me up.

I hesitated, for a slight moment, I hesitated, but I knew I didn't have to. I felt the smile on my lips fighting to break free. My hand reached out to his own- a welcoming, comforting hand of a friend.

"Sike!" Jordan exclaimed, having pulled his hand away and instead used it to run it through his hair.

Well, who was supposed to be my friend.

Jordan laughed. "I'm just messing with you, Lorraine."

He reached out and grabbed my hand, pulling me back to my feet, but just when I was about to manage my footing he instantly let go. The students filling the school halls surrounded me in laughter. I would have either been embarrassed or furious at them if I wasn't too busy cringing at the smooth landing of my ass to the ground.

"Then again..." Jordan mused, cocking his head to the side as he looked down at me. "You look better on the ground. I'd even think you two would make a good match." He smiled at Bennett. "What do you think is a good ship name? Floornomi? I'm thinking Floornomi."

Bennett sighed and looked away. "Just get this over with, Jordan. She's a waste of time."

"Au contraire," Jordan said lightly as he smirked at me. "She's our cute little toy we can bully anytime we want."

The hall was filled with whispers of the bystanders. My eyes flitted to see the students around me, catching their snickers and sneers.

"I can't believe I actually thought they were friends. This makes more sense now."

"This whole time the transfers just wanted to mess with her."

"Why does seeing them put Naomi in her place make them even hotter?"

I gritted my teeth at the whispers and turned my attention back to Jordan. "I'm not your little toy, Wallace," I snapped at him.

Jordan narrowed his eyes at me. He leaned down to me and with a hand jutted my chin upward to force me to look at him.

"I'd beg to differ, Naomi, although I'm not really one to beg, I can imagine you're used to it."

"Aw Jordan, don't tell me," I told him. "You're so insecure about your height that you're that desperate to look down at someone."