Chp.1

That's it, my decision is made. I need to get out of here before my annoying sisters get on my nerves.

"I know what you're planning."

I looked around for that voice, my brother Nico. He loves to play with my nerves, he knew that I hated it.

"Stop being a fool or I'll tell Father to forfeit you." I nonchalantly went back to the food I was eating.

"Why are you always in the bad mood?" He sat down, earning a loud thump sound.

"Why are you even alive," I muttered.

"Excuse me? What did you just say?"

I just rolled my eyes and lazily picked up the silver cutlery.

"Look, I know that I annoy you, but I love you. So...why do you have that look on your face."

I gave him a confused look for I can't understand what he is saying.

"Oh my god, you're so useless." He raised his arms and sighed in defeat.

He glared at me for a longer bit, I guess he can't take it anymore.

"Nikole, I know you're pressured about the reign, but just to let you know, Father and I are concerned about your behavior lately." He sadly looked at his empty plate.

I softly patted the back of my brother and rested my head on his strong shoulder.

"You're really my brother aren't you?"

"Yes, cross out those other witches in this family."

"You mean bitches and our sisters?"

"Yes, that." He smacked his head, making me laugh.

"Why do you fear cuss words?" I said in between my laugh.

"I-I..."

"And that's how you make the great Nico stutter." I picked my plate and left the room.

...

"Are you sure about this Nikole?"

"Yes brother, I need to... You know, unwind and stuff. This family is just suffocating." I sat at the nearby chair and facepalmed myself.

I heard his footsteps getting near me, then the next thing I knew was his arms enveloping me into a tight hug.

"Oh trust me, I know what you're feeling."

Nico has been through thick and thin since his reign as the prince. He's the only boy among the four of us, so he doesn't have a competition.

Then there's me along with my two sisters, fighting for the crown. Since Father broke the news to us, the relationship between me and my sisters is a big error sign.

I wiped the threatening tears around my eyes and stood up straight.

"You know what, fuck them."

"What?" Nico stood up and faced me with his confusing glare.

"Janna and Marly can suck that crown. I don't give a shit anymore. I'm so done with those...uncultured swine and to that stupid crown."

"Nikole, calm down!"

I furiously grabbed the bags hidden at the back of my portrait, even my own real smile cringes me.

"Be careful, I'll visit you there if I have time." He hugged me one last time and ushered me out of the door.

I sneakily walked my way out of the castle. I turned to my left and watched the guards have the best time of their lives.

I shook my head and continued to walk out of this hell.

The coast is finally clear, I walked to the forest at my normal pace, watching my surroundings if danger exists.

Moments later, I can feel tiny droplets against my skin. I stopped myself from going further and looked above me.

"Damn it, it's raining." I sighed, this time I tried to run while searching for a cabin.

The rain starts to pour harsher than I thought. It's actually a storm.

I muttered several cuss words every time I trip into a twig. I kept on running until I can't do it anymore.

I leaned against the tall tree and made a short prayer.

Just as I was saying my adoration, the thunderstruck, making me jump like a rabbit from my place.

"Praying won't stop the storm! Hop in!"

I wiped the water from my face and my blurry vision, I can see a horse.

"Is that a horse?"

"Yes! Now let's go!"

Without any hesitation, I climbed to the horse and positioned myself into a secure one.

"Are you sure that you don't want to rest your hands at the top of my shoulder?"

"Hell no."

"Very well then."