Chp.3

"Welcome to Pembleton. Where everyone is kind, except the princess." The young servant winked at me.

Did she just...did that?

"The room of her highness will be...there." She pointed at the mahogany door, which seems to be different than the others.

"Your uniform will be sent to you tomorrow. If there's anything you need, you know where to find me." She offered a sweet smile and left.

"Right," I said to myself.

I went upstairs and went inside my own room. Yes, maids have their own rooms. Which seems unfair to us.

I opened the massive cabinet, revealing a lot of clothes. A lot.

"Guess who's here."

It was none other than Ben.

"Ben! You are an asshole! Your guards are so mean."

"They're trained from the best." He proudly said.

"Ben, I also heard some bad news about you."

His face changed. He stared at his shoes again and I think he's crying.

"Those prisoners are there because of me."

Yep, he's crying.

"I didn't mean to do that. My sister was just so manipulative and careless. But I don't have proof to blame my sister for it. I was the one who did it all along."

I held his hand as he continued to cry.

"I tried saying my apology to them but they hate me. I even asked my father to bring their jobs back to them. He said no and he won't."

"This sister of yours must be like one of my sisters. She's a bitch too."

Ben laughed, resting his head against my shoulder.

"You know, I shouldn't be really there in the first place. The storm was so sudden and I was not in the right mind."

"Did you ran away from your kingdom princess?"

I stopped caressing his hands when I realized that he's completely correct.

"What's wrong? You seem like you've seen a ghost."

"It's nothing... I am just tired and I feel dirty." I abruptly stood up from the seat.

He wiped his tears and stood up too, smiling at me brightly.

"Thank you for being here. I'm glad that I met you. You're my first friend." He heavily sighed.

"Oh, Ben. Come here." I enveloped him with a hug.

"I put those clothes in your closet. You have a great taste of fashion when I first saw you."

He looked down at my clothes, judging them.

"Yeah, you need to take a bath. My sister will get angry for that dress."

I smacked my head, this is his sister's clothes! The bitches' clothes!

"I'll just wash it and give it back to you."

"Nope, give it back to her. You're her new servant anyway since her last servant left without an excuse."

I think I can handle her.

...

I love this bed already!

"Miss Jeanne!"

About time.

"I'll be there in a minute!" I shouted back.

I stood up from my sleeping position and went inside the bathroom.

After I finished taking a bath, my uniform is already laid on the bed.

"This kingdom is much better than ours."

"What kingdom?"

I dropped the uniform from my grasp.

"For god's sake! Knock!" I faced the culprit of my mini heart attack.

"Is this your way of thanking me? Sorry but that won't work." He motioned the towel enveloping my body.

"Asshole," I muttered, turning around and wearing the uniform while the asshole is busy admiring the paintings around the room.

"Can I take this to my room? My paintings are so depressing."

"Sure thing."

He happily took the painting and turned to look back at me.

"Damn, can you be my personal servant too?" He said with his stupid puppy eyes.

"Nope."

...

"The food is ready. Take this to the dining room please." Miss Tina said, the main cook.

I politely nodded and took the tray from the counter.

I walked to the dining room, focusing my gaze on the tray of food in front of me.

"Be careful with that. You don't want to upset the familia."

"Stop that, your accent is horrible," I muttered.

"I'm just cheering you up. You seem so concentrated with all of this."

"It's my job sir."

We both entered the quiet dining room, which consists of the queen and king.

"Benedict! I'm glad that you'll be joining us." the queen said, raising both of her arms for a hug.

"It's better than staying inside the room."

I placed the fresh foods at the table along with the other maids who positioned the plates and stuff.

"Your sister will be joining us in a few."

"Sure mom."

Ben turned his head to me and winked.

"Did the prince just winked at you?" The young servant beside me gasped.

"Yup. He did."

She adoringly stared at Ben as he ate the meal we prepared.

"Keep on dreaming honey," I whispered, but she's too lost.

"It seems that your sister won't make it, again." The queen said, sighing in defiance.

"You. Come here." The king points his finger at me.

"Yes sir?"

I swear to god, I heard Ben stifled a laugh when I said that.

"Miss Mazza right? The new servant?"

"That's right."

He served the empty plate of the princess, filling it up with lots of food.

"Please bring this to her. We don't want her to starve."

"I'll bring this to her now." I nodded and excused myself the royal family.

"That bitch won't her meal, so I need to climb these steps just to bring this fucking food. Right." I said to myself.

I knocked on her door but there's no answer.

"Miss?" I knocked again, no response.

"I'm going in." I lazily said and entered her quiet room.

"Miss...uh...princess?" No response.

"I don't know your freaking name so," I muttered to myself.

"The name's Rainatta, idiot."