Chapter Four.

Shalom's pov.

       It was obvious that the tall guy with jet black hair was onto me, he had looked at my direction twice now. I tried as much as possible to act natural, I felt kinda stupid for stalking Breth and Maddie. They looked good together, but not as good as I and Breth looked together, I really missed my Breth. Seeing Maddie kiss him made my tummy cringe. Her hands were laced in his.
        They Ordered the shrimp cocktail and Breth was allergic to shrimp. I knew I had to do something to help him, I watched the three of them eat and when I noticed Breth reach out to grab his cocktail. I found myself running towards them and knocking the glass down and the cocktail spilled on Maddie's dress. She stared at me furiously and then I realized that my top hat had fallen and my Shades slightly down revealing my eyes. My cover was blown.
        The three of them watched me furiously I saw Breth help Maddie clean herself up.
      "Shay, can you please stop this.!! "Breth yells at me. "Get... " he was about to continue but I ran out the door with tears flowing freely from my eyes. I ran as quick as I could to my car. I began to start the engine and I saw the Other guy with jet black hair running towards the car, I quickly rolled my glass up and he started to knock on the glass. I drove off, I really hope I didn't hurt him with my car. He watched me drive off and he was out of sight.
       I couldn't stop crying, the tears in my eyes made it difficult for me to see the road clearly. Then I packed on a spot and furiously started to hit my steering wheel until my palms got red.  I cried as loud as I could.
      But, I was only trying to rescue him. I felt so stupid and naive. I finally started the engine and drove home. On getting home, Sarah Called. Sometimes I wonder what I'll do without her.
       "Why did you even go there in the first place?. "She yelled when I explained everything to her.
       "I just went to grab my dinner on a go. "I lied.
       "But you hate Nigerian food. "She said almost immediately Damn it, I hated that she knew everything about me.
       "I wanted to try something new. "I blurted out.
        "You should stop stalking them, he has obviously moved on, you should too. "
        "I know, but it's hard." I said before opening the fridge and grabbing my leftover soup ND heating it up.
        "You need to fight the urge harder. You know he isn't worth it. "
       "Enough about me. Tell me, how's Michael, how's the baby."
       "We're all fine and we got the gender test today. "She said excitedly.
        "Well, tell me!. "
        "It's a boy. "She said laughing loudly and I could hear Michael laugh too from the background. We talked for a few minutes, before we finally hung up. Then I sat to watch Someone great for the third time on Netflix while eating soup and cried myself to sleep.