"Suraj Hua Maddham"

"Suraj hua Maddham
Chand Jalne Laga"

The Kitchen.Pressure Cooker whistling,water flows from an open tape and an undistinguished clinging of plates and vessels for not more than 2 minutes.Tape closes.Aarohi was singing her ever favourite song from Shah Rukh Khans Kabhi Ghushi Kabhi Gham , enjoying.Aarohi ran from the Kitchen to all the way to her daughter's room. Aarohi is 40 in coming July.

"Niha,get up"

Niha is Aarohis younger daughter in between the three. She have two sisters both married and gone. She is amazing in her Tenth grades.

"Niha,get up"
This time her voice had a weight. Meanwhile Niha,takes her blanket and covers all over from head to leg and still on bed.
"Its already late Niha. Its almost 8 now. Your Bus is at 9 right?"

Aarohi takes all the clothes hanging here and there, cleans the room. In every house a Mother will be the first one to draw the curtains. Niha gets up, still with one eye glued,she can barely see anything and takes a one-second look at Aarohi.
  "I know its only 7:30, you are soo disgusting"
"Disgusting?"
"How can you lie to wake me up? I was having a good dream,you spared it"
Aarohi smiles and says," Everytime I call you in 7:30 you wake up in 8 no?,so I thought......"

"Really?" Niha gives a wasted look.

Pressure Cooker whistles from Kitchen. Aarohi murmuring that her rice will be a porridge now.

Niha closes the door of her Bathroom. Aarohi prepares Paneer  for lunch,on every ten second she searchs for clock.

"Its 8 30 now"

Aarohi doesn't spares one second to breathe. There comes drops of sweat on her nose and head like she came from rain,Aarohi cleans the sweat with angle of her Saree. Niha's foot steps approaching. A beautiful girl just like her Mom. Blue eyes,red lips. She uses Lipstick so as to make it more red and keeps it in her pocket. Her ponytail swings left-right-left. She adorably smiles,pulls her chair and makes her seat.
"Again Lipstick?"
Niha doesn't gave a look which all desi girls do so as to ignore their perfectly 'old-fashioned' desi parents.
"Am talking to you"
"So what? It's just a Lipstick. Everyone use it."
"I don't know why you use it all the time. God knows."
Niha feels suffocated,says "Ahhhh,Don't make it starts now,its too early"
"By the way, its very tasty mom. I like it "
Niha chuckles. Aarohi sits near Niha and enjoys the way she eat. Looks like the stomach of her heart is filled. She looks happy and fulfilled from her face.

Bus horns from outside.Niha rushes wearing her coal black shoes and white shocks.
"Take your lunch"
She runs aiming her Bus, lunch kit in one hand and hanging her almost-10-kg bag in shoulder.
"Bye,ma"
Aarohi looks Niha so far as she disppears expecting for a look. Expecting. Raj,her neighbour was off to his office and Sneha,his wife was holding his lunch. Aarohi smiles to them and waves a hi.
Aarohi closes the door,her face sad.