『 14 』

؂☁️؂

Amara immediately pulled on the rifle and took it out of the O' Driscolls grasp. The man began to fill with anger as Amara had the gun ready and aimed towards his head.

"C'mon, Colm just wants to see you!" The O' Driscoll laughed. "And kill ya."

Amara was struck with fear as she heard the last part and pulled the trigger. Blood spilled out of the mans neck and he fell to the ground, slowly dying.

Amara turned away from him and noticed that the shooting had stopped and the O' Driscolls were running away.

"Arthur, go check the cabin!" Dutch yelled, making his way to Amara. "You alright, Miss Findlay?"

"Sure." Amara answered, her chest feeling heavy and her eyes wide.

There was a gunshot near the cabin and she saw Arthur on the ground and Kieran having his gun pointed to the room. Amara stepped closer to see a dead O' Driscoll on the floor.

Arthur got up and placed a hand on Kierans shoulder. "Guess we'll have to keep you around after all." He laughed, brushing past him.

"So you're not gonna kill me?" Kieran asked, running up to Arthur.

"Not yet." Arthur turned back, glaring at Kieran then letting out a chuckle when he turned back around and made his way to his horse.

Amara looked back at the O' Driscoll she had shot, fear showing in her features. Colm wanted her dead, but why? She's only encountered him once what would she have done to offend him?

"You alright?" John asked, walking up to her and placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Sure." Amara spoke with a shaky voice, she's never been this scared before. She's heard frightening stories of Colm and what he does.

"What's wrong, Amara?" John asked, looking to the side and seeing everyone mounted up.

"Nothing."

John turned to everyone and shouted, "You guys go on, we're gonna search the cabin a little more!"

"Alright, meet you back at camp." Dutch shouted before riding out with everyone.

John turned back to Amara once they were out of sight and placed his hand on her cheek.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking down to her. Amaras eyes were filled with fear and she was frozen.

"I.. Nothing.." Amara turned away from him and wrapped her arms around herself.

"You can talk to me, I know somethings up." John spoke with a calm voice, coming up from behind Amara and wrapping his arms around her waist.

Amara turned her head to look at him, a smile on her face. "I'm fine."

"If you say so." John shrugged, wrapping his arms tighter around her.

"Me and Maisie should be heading home soon." Amara spoke softly, looking up at the setting sun.

"Why you gotta leave so soon." John whined, turning Amara around and pulling her into a hug.

"Benjamin won't cover for us if we stay overnight." Amara said, rolling her eyes and leaning on Johns chest.

"Benjamin won't cover for us." John mocked, rolling his eyes.

Amara chuckled, pushing away from him and walking to Trapper.

"Where you goin'?" John asked, running up to her.

"I'm going to get Maisie so we can get home!" Amara laughed, mounting her horse.