A friend from the woods

An unnatural predator lurked and prowled deep within the forests, with its snout held in the air seemingly catching the scent of possible prey, as it drew near the scent of potential prey in the direction of a small house it spotted.

Twig became defensive and growled at the window of Hilda's bedroom looking out at something

"Twig, what's wrong?"
She questioned Twig's sudden aggressive nature while rubbing her eyes. Hilda took a chance and slowly looked out the window, and she gasped
"Mum!"
Hilda called down to her mother as the creature then howled in the night which almost immediately woke up Johanna in her bedroom.
"Hilda?"
Johanna froze when she heard the unnatural wolf howling again, she pulled the bed sheets off from her body and put on her robe, and she hurried to her glass rifle display cabinet, and opened the door and pulled out her rifle and began loading it with silver bullets
"Mum!"
Hilda cried out as she began running for her door, as the creature from outside seemingly heard Hilda's voice somehow catching a scent of fear, and began growling and barking, circling around the house for an entrance.
"Mum!"
Hilda opened the door running to Johanna's arms, to which she bend her tightly, while Twig protectively circled the mother and daughter.
Hilda then noticed her mom's loaded hunting rifle in Johanna's hand, and she was scared.
"Mum? What's going on?"
Twig then started growling at Johanna's window, as the dark shadow of a large figure prowled closer
"Lycanthrope. Werewolf."
Johanna looked to her window, and raised her rifle
"What?"
Hilda asked
"Hilda, just stay close to me, Mummy's got this. This is gonna be ugly."
Johanna then look through the rifle scope aiming at the window, as Hilda held onto her moms leg and Twig barked at the window, the lycanthrope then drew nearer.
A massive head then peered out the window, looking inside the house with its big black fluffy ears pointed up into the sky, while the rest of its black furry head glared inside the house, then revealing a big snout with rows of sharp canine teeth.
The werewolf barked and broke the glass with its paw hand as Johanna with her finger placed the trigger handle, fired directly onto the werewolf's chest, to which it yelped and fell over.
Johanna smirked proud of herself, but was also unsure if it was such a wise decision to shoot it in the chest instead of directly between the eyes, after all there is still a person stuck inside every lycanthropy monster, as she learned from experience over the years, so she feared perhaps she could still save the person inside.
"Is it dead?"
Asked Hilda
"I'm not sure. Hilda, stay here with Twig."
Johanna then walked out from her room, into the kitchen and exited the front door of the house to inspect the big furry body.
Johanna with her rifle still in hand, then examined the wound, and felt the side of its neck. It was alive. Barely. While slightly uncomfortable with doing this, she curiously looked down in between its legs, and it was confirmed to be a male.
"Oh boy..."
Johanna groaned, blushing and looking away from the werewolf's massive and impressive package.
"Mum?"
Hilda said
"I told you to stay inside!"
Johanna whispered angrily
"Is that...?"
Hilda in disbelief looked at the nearly 12 foot tall wolf man.
"Yes, Hilda. It's...a Lycanthropy. A wolf man to be exact. He's temporarily out of commission, so we'll be safe for the night."
Johanna then got up and noticed the time on her clock through the window. It was almost 7 in the morning.
"Perfect."
Johanna sighed, knowing around this time he would begin to change back into a human.
Twig then suspiciously sniffed the massive bipedal animalistic creature on the ground, as Johanna then saw the werewolf's fur began to shrink, and the body started to shrink, as the sun peeked through the mountains.
"Hilda! Grab Twig and go back inside !"
Johanna lowered her rifle
"What? But Mum what about the-"
"Do as your mum says, Hilda!"
Johanna yelled as Hilda grabbed Twig and ran inside, as did Johanna who leaped through her broken window into her bedroom and got out a spare bed sheet, on her way out she told Hilda to go up to her room and By the time Johanna got outside, the wolf man was already reverted back to his human form, completely nude as the sun slowly came up, to which she blushed and frantically put the sheet over his body.
"Okay. Now what?.."
She asked herself, unsure of whether to take him inside or leave him out here, potentially find his place of residence. After all despite being a lycanthropy she wasn't sure of who this man was, for all she knew he could be a murderer as both a human and a werewolf. For now though, she decided to take him inside, armed mind you. It was already morning and she hadn't even had her morning coffee yet. Boy, what a way to start a Monday.