Chapter 17: "Safe Place"

STILES

Four weeks went by in a blink. Stiles did nothing more than practically live in Lydia's house, Mrs. Martin didn't bother anyway. They weren't a couple or nothing though, they just have a really good time together.

He hadn't faced school again yet, but he didn't want to, and he doesn't have his father to grab his ass to school, so. Lydia didn't want to treat him like a child either.

"What are you thinking about?" Lydia's voice pulled him out of his trance. She was in her desk doing homework while he was sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Um... Just about what happened the last month. Thank you, for everything, by the way" She gave him a smile while he was looking at her green eyes.

"Come here- " She stood up and open her arms, he did the same and they wrapped each other in a tight hug. "-I'm glad that you are doing better. You don't have to thank me again"

"Sorry" He laugh a little.

They let go the embrace and looked each other's eyes. "I'm gonna have dinner with the pack tonight after they take that cast from your wrist, maybe you could come too" Lydia broke the silence.

"Oh right, I forgot about the cast. Er... I don't know if I coul- "

She cut him by giving him a deep kiss, which he returned. "Sorry what were you saying?"

He laugh by what she just did. Who said he would have the chance to kiss his crush from third grade one day, "What was that?"

"I gave you a little bravery. What's your answer now?"

"Okay I'll go. But can we drive to the hospital now? I wanna get this thing out of my arm" He grinned a bit, pointing at the old cast.

———————

LYDIA

A couple of minutes later, they were already in front of Melissa's desk.

"Hey kids! Are you ready Stiles?" He nodded and followed the nurse inside a room with several strange objects.

"Um, this isn't gonna hurt right?" Lydia smiled at his fear, but she found it kinda cute though. She actually knew how brave he was, even if he didn't seem to.

"This doesn't hurt, do you want to have it forever?" Melissa threatened jokingly.

"Oh god please no" He let out a smile. His sarcasm was something Lydia loved so much, she almost went crazy when he lost it after everything that happened. But he was having it back little by little, and she was glad of that.

"Just look at me, you won't notice Melissa" The strawberry blonde grabbed his good hand, and his cheek with her other hand, putting their foreheads together. She watched how he squeezed his eyes by the sound of the machine.

"It's ready!" Melissa exclaimed.

"What!?"

Lydia laugh at his confusion, "I told you wouldn't notice it"

"How does it feel?" The nurse touched gently the now healed wound in his hand.

"Kinda numb" Stiles moved his fingers and his wrist, wincing in the process.

"It's completely normal, it will feel like that for a while because of the lack of movement in the last weeks"

"Thank you, both of you" Lydia just rubbed the back of his head softly, in sign of kindness.

"Stiles.." Melissa walked closer to him, and grabbed his shoulder gently. ".. I'm glad to see you better, and it makes me so happy....... I just want you to take care of yourself, I would not like to see you around here again, and by here I mean the hospital" He quickly gave her a sad smile without moving his sight away from the floor.

"I will" His eyes finally met the nurse, "I promise"

Lydia came closer to him, and helped him get out of the hospital bed. "Let's go, we have things to do" She stared at Melissa, who was smiling at the two teenagers.

"Bye kids"

They both got out of the building towards Lydia's car.

————————

Wow it's been a while since the last chapter. Sorry for keeping you waiting, so here is a short update that y found kinda cute.

Thank you for reading my fanfic, I promise to update soon❤️