CHAPTER 1

"Oh do be sure to call ya mother every weekend! Or everyday ya know whichever works for you!"

Alastor chuckled at his mother's comment as he placed the last suitcase in the trunk of his uncle's car. The day he has been waiting for has finally arrived. Alastor has been sending endless applications to numerous radio stations ever since he had graduated from his university. Which was around 3 years ago. The reason it took that long was because his accent was still very much prominent at that time and many stations don't want a southern boy with a thick hard to understand accent. So, he worked on his accent for months and one day he was able to speak clearly with a desirable and understandable accent. It was formal, yes, and not many would know he came from down south but if his job required it, he'll provide.

After shutting the trunk close, he made his way other to his mother and engulfed her in a big hug. She returned it.

"My little boy is all grown up..I'm so proud of ya darlin'"

Alastor smiled to himself and gave her a final squeeze then let her go.

"Thank you mama, I will call you when I arrive in New York Immediately. I'll miss you so much" he told her. She nodded giving him her biggest smile. Her hand reached out to caress his cheek. She gazed upon his features, milk chocolate skin, his amber colored iris and dark brown hair and the neatly placed glasses that sat on his beautiful face. Yes.. she raised her boy into a man.

"I love you Allie"

"I love you too mama"

"I love you most"

Two hours have passed from that interaction and Alastor now found himself sitting in a long line of cars which led to the drop off in the airport. It was a time well spent with his uncle, husk, who had raised him along with his mother. Husk was someone Alastor confided in with his inner thoughts. It has made husk wary of his nephew when he heard of all the desires Alastor had to kill people. Fortunately, He found a way to turn that need to kill others into something more...legal. They went deer hunting every winter and it proved to be a good alternative. He hoped his nephew would be able to contain that lust when they went to New York.

"Okay here's yer passport for the flight. I'll pop open the trunk for ya to get yer stuff. "

"Okay! Thank you Husker!"

Alastor unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the door so he would be able to get out but was stopped by his uncle looking at him worriedly.

"Will ya be okay with yer..issue..? We won't be able to go deer hunting since.. ya know"

Alastor let out a sigh as he thought about it. His killing urges weren't as strong as they were years ago. They were satiated enough to not feel the need to go and kill any living and breathing thing. But for how long?

"I think I will be fine Husker. If I need help then I'll let you know."

Husk nodded and with that Alastor went to grab his suitcase and backpack and waved his uncle bye. He turned to the entrance of the airport and made his way towards the correct terminal. He was greeted by one of the workers asking for his information and passport before giving him his ticket. The flight to New York was not scheduled until 11:20 am.

It was 10:03. He had some time to kill.

Alastor had gone off to order some coffee and bread in the nearest cafe in the airport. He sat in delight enjoying his caffeinated drink while scrolling through social media. Nothing big was going on in the world. 'Oh how wonderful, dear ol' Niffty has gotten a puppy for her birthday' he thought. He continued scrolling until his gaze landed upon a rather young lady. She had long curly golden locks and green orbs. She was dressed in a nice pink dress with a black belt completing the outfit perfectly. Something was odd about this lady, her lovely face was adorned with a beautiful smile. It was a pained smile though. Why a lady shouldn't be troubled with anything! So without any hesitation, Alastor got up from his spot in the cafe and walked over to the table the maiden sat at.