Chapter 1-Bluestar's Choice

Bluestar turned to Whitestorm, "Lead the rest of the clan back to camp. I have to speak with Fireheart."

"Of course, Bluestar." Whitestorm took the lead while.

"Come with me," Bluestar hissed quietly in Fireheart's ear.

She led them away from the other cats. Fireheart followed Bluestar through the forest. He realized they were headed towards the thunderpath but he didn't say anything. When they emerged from the bushes they came to a stop at the thunderpath.

"Fireheart, I'm sorry," Bluestar mewed softly. Then, she sprang.

Fireheart dodged the first attack which led him to right in front of the thunderpath. He had nowhere to move now. He was trapped between the thunderpath and Bluestar. If he moved to the side Bluestar would get hurt and no matter what Bluestar had done or what she was doing he wouldn't let her die. She was still his leader. Fireheart glanced back at the thunderpath behind him. There was a choice. He could run across the thunderpath into Shadowclan territory, but his worst enemy, Tigerstar, was Shadowclan's leader.

"Go," Bluestar growled at Fireheart. "Now."

Fireheart sighed. He turned. Just as he was about to dart across the thunderpath a monster zoomed by. He tried to step away from the edge of the thunderpath but he was too late. Another monster zoomed by. He felt his back leg twist awkwardly. He looked back at Bluestar, sorrow filled his eyes, and he darted across the thunderpath as fast as he could. The moment he was a safe distance away he collapsed. His vision faded in and out. Then, his world went black.

Meanwhile, Bluestar raced across the thunderpath after Fireheart. She let out a sharp howl. "I will never trust starclan again," She growled.

"And why is that Bluestar?" Another voice asked.

The smell of crow food suddenly hit the top of her mouth in a sharp pang of dread. Horror flooded through Bluestar as she realized exactly where she was. She stiffened. "Stay away from Fireheart," She growled at the Shadowclan leader, Tigerstar.

"Why? You both are trespassing on Shadowclan territory," Tigerstar replied, stepping out of the bushes with a couple of other Shadowclan cats. "Starclan clearly has something to do with this, I mean, why else would you chase your precious kittypet away?"

"Tigerstar, please."

"You're lost without me, Bluestar, I can tell. But without that kittypet, Thunderclan will be in ruins. So, we will take Fireheart back to our camp with us. And don't worry so much, Bluestar. I won't kill him just yet. The kittypet still has his uses." With that Tigerstar stalked over to Fireheart, picked him up by his scruff, and headed back into the shadows of the trees and ferns. Blackfoot, his deputy, and Boulder, one of his warriors, hurrying after him.

Bluestar lowered her head and raced across the thunderpath, back to Thunderclan territory. She padded slowly through the forest back to camp.

When she entered the camp Whitestorm approached her.

"Where is Fireheart?"

"Gone," was all Bluestar replied.

Whitestorm turned to Graystripe, Fireheart's best friend, and shook his head. Fireheart wouldn't be back anytime soon.

Graystripe eyes widened. His mind flashed back to all the other times that Fireheart had been there for him, like when Silverstream had her kits between two of the boulders at sun rocks, or when Fireheart and he had helped bring Windclan back to the clans. Graystripe sighed. Fireheart was the kindest cat he knew and the only cat Bluestar trusted so it didn't make any sense. Graystripe's gaze flickered around the clearing, scanning the bushes and bracken and branches and moss that made up the dens until he found the cat he was searching for.