two

I don't wanna talk to you anymore,
and all these little games
You can call me by the name I gave you
Yesterday

Riley

meow

My eyes widen. Oh no, please tell me I didn't forget to lock the door, or worse a teacher finding you. I rush around the corner but to my relief it was a student, to my surprise though, that student was Jake Ji. My brows scrunch in confusion. How did he find Peace?

The ginger was kneeling down petting the cat  and Peace seemed to like him. Should I just turn around and wait till he leaves? What if he decides to take him?

I stay back and hide behind the corner. I promised Peace I'd take him home with me though...I'll just wait then, I sigh.

"You can come out Riley, I know you're there" he chuckles. I gasp and my hand immediately covers my mouth. My eyes widen "N-no... not me" my voice comes out shaky as I try to disguise it. What if he thinks I followed him here and gets the wrong idea. What if he thinks I'm like a stalker or something? Nobody else besides the gym teachers come over here.

I stood against the wall still thinking of an excuse. I hear him get up from the floor. I rack my brain for an excuse only for it to hit me.

Just tell him it's your cat....duhh

I look at the ground and hit my palm against my forehead. Right. I look up and Jake stood in front of me. My breathe hitched in my throat when I noticed the close proximity between us. Jake tilts his head to the side confused as to what I was doing. I open my mouth but nothing comes out.

He was carrying Peace and he was in the middle of us two. He claws at me wanting to be in my arms.

Guess he does want to go home with me. It warmed my heart. I carefully grab peace out of Jakes arms. My face felt hot as I was still backed up against the wall. Oh god, this is embarrassing.

"Is he yours?" He asks curiously. Peace nudges his head against my cheek. "Yeah...I, um, I'm taking him home." I tell him. I look back at the storage room and back at Jake.

"Please don't tell anyone" I plead. I didn't want to get in trouble. I wanted to avoid getting in any trouble so that I wouldn't cause mom any problems. He smiles at "Don't worry. I won't" his voice sincere.

"Okay, thank you" I give him a small smile and turn on my heels and start to walk away. It was the end of the school day and today I was taking Peace home.

It wasn't until I walked up to the front gates of the school did I notice that Jake was following me. My brows scrunch up once again, it seems like whenever I'm around him I'm confused. I stop and he stops. He says nothing until he realizes what he was doing "Oh! Sorry, I wanted to tell you that I know a good pet shop if you want to get..." he looks at the kitten in my arms

"Peace" I state

"What?" He looks at me

"His name is peace" I smile

"Well if you want to get Peace some cat food I know a place, I can take you" He had this hopeful look in his eyes.

I ponder over his offer. I'm still relatively new to this whole area and I can't keep feeding peace human food, he might get a stomachache.