Chapter 2: Your Code

Masqueraze sighs angrily. Might as well let this guy in, he'll just bust the doors down anyways. Masq locks the door and opens the door. 

"Thank you, I guess you're more decent then I thought" Goldity remarked as he adjusted his helmet. Smug f***. 

Goldity sits at the table, resting his sword beside him. He's here to make a threat isn't he? Why else did he bring his sword?

"What do you want, Goldity? I only let you in because I like my door and head." Masqueraze said in a harsh tone.

Goldity straightens and stares at Masqueraze, not caring if it made either of them uncomfortable or not.

"I want your code."

Masqueraze's eyes widen. "My code?"

"To Shadelight. I want your code. Now." He stand up from his chair. 

Masqueraze may like to keep his head but keeping his life is not worth giving his code to Goldity. "No."

Goldity's expressions darkens dramatically. "And why not?"

"Oh don't be dumb Goldity. You know how I operate."

Goldity gazes at Masq, and giggles. "No, I really don't Masq. Educate me, please." He said while batting his eyes, almost in a hypnotic tone.

Masqueraze grows more uncomfortable the more Goldity stares at him. He really does lack boundaries. "I host a Masquerade every 6 months. Each masquerade I ask a question to whoever sits next to me. Whoever answers my question correctly or meets my other criteria gets my invite..." He looks away to gave at his window. "to my Grand Ball. A chance to learn my code."

Goldity's eyes beam when Masq mentions the word 'code'. This sounds easy enough.

"Then, Masq, give me an invite to the ball."

Masqueraze's eyes narrow. "Why should I? You probably don't know half of my questions or meet my criteria. Why should you of all people have it."

Goldity twitched. Who does this man think he is? Some sort of god? He's a mask for crying out loud.