Chapter 6

Ringo's P.O.V.

I looked at her closed eyes. Her head was on my shoulder and we were still on the floor.

"Love, d'ya wanna get on the bed?"I asked.

"No,"She shook her head.

I wrapped her in my arms and kissed her forehead. There was a knock on the door so I answered.

"Hmm?"I asked.

"What are you two doing?"George asked.

"Nothing. What d'ya want?"

"Lunch,"He handed me a tray.

I closed the door and Mackenzie got onto the bed. We started eating. When we finished Mackenzie laid back down.

"Love, are ya ill or somethin?"

"No."

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I bent down.

"What's wrong?"

"Kiss me,"She whispered.

I pressed my lips onto hers. When I pulled away I laid next to her. She looked pale.

"Love, are ya sure yer okay?"

"I'm fine,"She turned to her side to face me.

I cocked an eyebrow and she poked me.

"Stop worrying."

She kissed my lips and smiled. George walked in.

"Kaihlan and John want ta know if you two are coming to dinner with them?"He asked.

"Yes,"Mackenzie nodded.

He left the room and I pulled her into my body. Her skin was warm. She rested her head on my chest with one hand.

"Ringo, do you promise me never to forget about me again?"

"I promise."

She smiled and placed a small kiss on my neck.

"I love you,"She whispered.

"I love ya too, love."

"We better get ready, we have to shower,"Mackenzie stood up.

I sighed and grabbed a suit. She grabbed a dress and we went to the bathroom. She started the shower and undressed. I got in after her. We hurried and got dressed. Mackenzie blow dried her hair. Her dress was black and barely reached her knees. It was tight. She wore gold heels, contacts, black eyeshadow, pink lipstick, golden hoop earrings, and a matching necklace. I wore black slacks, a white button up shirt, black dress shoes, and a black tie. Mackenzie fixed my tie and kissed my lips.

"How do I look?"She asked.

"Perfect,"I smiled.

"You look handsome."

"How did John and Kaihlan-"

"Probably because I didn't go  back to their house."

I nodded we sat on our bed and talked. She curled her hair and put most of it in a messy bun.  We grabbed our coats and headed out. At dinner we didn't say a word about the fight. John's eyes widened when he seen Mackenzie. She looked absolutely beautiful.

"So, uh, how was yer nap?"John asked us.

"Okay,"I said.

Mackenzie nodded and sipped her water. John's eyes never left Mackenzie. I looked at her  and she smiled.

"What's wrong?"She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed her hand.

"Ringo, can we go outside?"Mackenzie asked.

I nodded and we put our coats on. John's eyes went straight to her legs. I grabbed her hand and we walked.

"Are ya okay?"I asked.

"I just needed some air,"She smiled.

"Oh, okay."

"You seem nervous. Did I do something?"

"John keeps looking at ya."

She sighed and wrapped her arms around my neck. She pressed her lips to mine.

"Don't worry,"She whispered as she pulled away.

I nodded and we went back inside. Mackenzie sat down across from John, where she sat before, and we all continued to talk. I kicked John and he glanced at me. He bit his lip and grabbed his knee.

"Are you okay?"Mackenzie asked him.

"Y-yeah,"He nodded.

I cocked an eyebrow.

"I'm gonna go have a smoke,"I walked back outside.

John followed.

"What was that all about?"He asked.

"Keep yer eyes on yer own girlfriend,"I said through my teeth.

He shook his head and lit his cigarette. I put my cigarette out and walked back inside. Mackenzie was giggling with Kaihlan.

"Love, are ya ready ta go home?"I asked.

"Yeah, I guess so."

We out our coats on and said goodbye. John's back was against the wall outside.

"Bye,"I said.

Mackenzie waved and we got in my car. At home we showered again and went to bed. I pulled my shirt off and laid down. Mackenzie was in a nightgown. She laid her head on my chest and we fell asleep.