you lost your mind in the sound

asahi and noya were sort of a phenomenon.

even while they were in highschool, theyre relationship astonished others all around. no one understood how someone as quiet and reserved as asahi would actually get along with someone as brash and unpredictable as noya.

they were known to be each others half. both of them being attached at the hip. whether it be sneaking heat-filled glances across the gym during practice, or noya waiting outside of asahi's classroom so they could go to lunch together; the two always seemed to be together.

during the period where asahi had quit the volleyball club, both him and noya were miserable. their teachers began to grow concerned as asahis grades started excelling at an alarming speed, while noyas were rapidly declining. it seemed both of them had different ways of coping.

when they made up, everything went back to normal. the routine stayed the same, like they hadnt just yelled at each other in a hallway a few months ago. 

a few lingering touches were not to be missed by the other third and second years though. the pining looks, the unnecessary compliments, the others noticed everything about asahi and noyas changed relationship.

so thats why it confused them why asahi suddenly cut ties and moved to tokyo after graduation.

it had hurt. badly.

noya hadnt known what he had done wrong. soon enough, the spam texts he had sent asahi were read but not replied. he kept texting every day, telling asahi about practice. he gives up hope two years into college when the phone number gets disabled.

present time, noya's lying down in bed, staring up at his ceiling. he thought about the old team, how they went to nationals. how daichi's receives where always steady and sharp, how suga's cunning always made the other team uneasy, ennoshitas drive and will to stay on the court, tanakas grins and mental strength, kinoshitas need to be seen by everyone, naritas support from behind the scenes, kageyamas amazing sets and motivation, tsukishimas slow growth of becoming an actual team member, yamaguchis perfect pinch serves and kindness, hinatas amazing jump and sunshine aura; and then there was asahi.

asahi was fucking perfect.

whenever noya was on court with him, the ace sucked up all his attention. like it was nothing. he had shone as brightly as the stars at night, and noya couldnt look away.

so when asahi left, noya suddenly drowned in the silence and muted tones of the sights around him. no one could ever dominate his thoughts like asahi has.

noya thinks about what could have been. he thinks about the lost chances, the missed oppurtunities, and the stupid pining. 

hes losing his mind with the need to scream. to fill this empty space that asahi left.

well, noya knows he could never do that. nothing could be as huge as asahi.

he could try though. he would distract himself as much as he could. he wouldnt think about asahi anymore.

he wouldnt think about the probably one-sided love, the way asahis eyes crinkled as he laughed, the scary appearance that didnt match his personality, the-

fuck. 

god, noya is trying. hes trying so fucking hard to stop thinking about asahi.

he cant. its like trying to stop thinking about the suns rays beating down on you on a hot summer day.

but.  

noya is trying

he's doing his fucking best. even if his love life gets no where, he's still nishinoya yuu.

he's still the guardian deity.

if hes there watching your back?

youre fucking invincible.

-

{notes}

i might continue this, i might not

if i do its probably gonna be from asahis point of view

im just so fucking tired rnsnjsdnckcm

this was so rushed im sorry

(also i dont go by either emmalyn or orion anymore. i really would appreciate if you'd call me kelp. thanks)

i hope y'all liked it? let me know if you want a second chapter