《 living on the country side 》

[mia everglow is RAINA's model]

raina's pov

it wasn't safe to stay in Seoul anymore - the mansion was attacked at dawn while i was passed out in wooyoung's room. he lets me sleep in his room while he slept on the bean bag at the corner of his room. i felt guilty i stole his bed so i asked him to sleep next to me.

i probably came off as too direct but i was too exhausted from everything that's happened and a man's presence was not my concern. i know wooyoung won't try anything so i was dead asleep.

it was three hours later when wooyoung shook me awake and i opened my eyes tiredly to see wooyoung's lip busted. he was shaking me and hoisting me up on his shoulder as he yelled frustrating words. while he was carrying me over his shoulder, i felt a painful ache on my head. i didn't know what it was but i slowly lost consciousness.

here we are in the outskirts, four hours away from the city. it turns out their mansion exploded by their rival gang and parts of the roof in wooyoung's room dropped on me. luckily it was a miss but there was a slight impact near my temple so i had a small scar just above my right eyebrow.

my hand found its way to the scar and i winced at the pain.

"for the sixth time, don't touch your scar," seonghwa came in carrying a tray with hot tea. "unless you want germs on it and you'll die from infection."

i shook my head fast.

"still feeling dizzy? feeling any nausea? how many fingers am i holding?" he held up four fingers.

"four. i don't feel like vomitting. i woke up not too long ago," i adjusted myself on the bed and sat up straight. i grabbed my phone and gasped when i saw the screen cracked. "what happened to my phone?"

"mingi dropped it while he was on the run from our enemies. we'll replace it tomorrow. you just rest for today." seonghwa laid me back in bed but i was not tired so i didn't budge.

"i'm not tired, though. i want to walk around.. see where i am."

"you didn't get to sleep properly last night," he sat at the edge of the bed. "you were thrashing and screaming when san was watching you. he came running to me panicked." he chuckled.

"i had a nightmare?" i pointed at myself. i never had a nightmare since i was fifteen years old. taeyong always comforted me and now he's not with me, not knowing where i was. he's probably worried sick.

"yes, it looks bad. it wasn't clear. you were just screaming and thrashing. i had an older sister who had a nightmare like you did and i helped you through it." he sent an assuring smile and pinched my cheeks. "except when you calmed down, you didn't punch my face like my sister did. i had a bruise that healed within a week."

"why did she punch you?" i asked while hiding my smile.

"because when she's thrashing, she sweats. my mom helped her change but my sister thought it was me and called me a pervert." i burst out laughing and he joined in too. "i was only 10. i cried when she hit me."

"that's unfortunate." i giggled.

third person's pov

after seonghwa put raina to sleep, he exited the medical room and joined the others in the kitchen where san and wooyoung were eating ramen. they were just gossiping about celebrities scandals and nothing serious. san was just popping his limbs as he danced to an exo song. wooyoung saw seonghwa coming in and stopped what he was doing.

"how is she doing?" wooyoung asked. san also stopped what he was doing.

"resting. we had a long talk."

"i hope you don't bore her. your stories always makes one of us asleep," san snickered. he stopped when seonghwa glared at him. "at least she's resting. after that night at the mansion, it was hell for us. luckily we know a local doctor in this village."

"imagine what hongjoong is going through right now," seonghwa joined them at the dining table. "he wasn't injured but he's been cooped up in that office room ever since we got here. that was five days ago."

"yeosang made sure our car has no GPS signal. that way they will never find us." san informed.

"i know but what happens if they get a hold of raina? then what? what are they going to do with her?"

"beats me."

yunho and mingi walked in, their shoulders lowered than their usual hyper energy. mingi leaned back on the chair after removing his mask and took deep breaths.

"ramen smells good." mingi sighed.

"here." san offered his bowl and mingi gladly accepted it. "eat up, big boy. you need more energy than i do."

"where's hongjoong?" yunho asked.

"where he's always been. i'm not even sure if he eats."

"oh! how's the girl? is she awake?" mingi looked up from the bowl.

"her name is raina and yes, she was, but i made her sleep again so she doesn't get nausea when she wakes up. she had a bad night." seonghwa explained.

"her nightmare? again? that's the second time since we arrived here. did she tell you what it was about?"

"no," seonghwa huffed. "she keeps saying she doesn't remember but if it's constant, it might be serious. the doctor said it's probably past events she went through before she met us. i didn't want to push it."

"it's probably that kihyun guy who put her through hell." wooyoung spat. his ramen long forgotten.

"i don't know her that long but she's like a sister i've always wanted. if a guy messes with her, i would put them in a body bag." yunho said, with a sinister smile that sent shivers down mingi's spine.

"yunho. calm down." san patted yunho's back.

"i hate it when he does that." mingi whispered to seonghwa about yunho.

"yo, we are back! where are you guys?" they heard jongho calling from the living room.

"kitchen!" they responded.

yeosang and jongho walked in with groceries in each hand and the boys cheered by the amount of food they bought.

"we bought beef since hongjoong hasn't eaten properly. this might lure him out of that office." yeosang smirked.

"if that works, you're a saint, yeosang." wooyoung side hugged his best friend.

A/N this was a filler. i am soooo sorry for not updating like i used to. i had a very long break xD how is everyone? btw, my FEVER album just arrived yesterday and i got yunho and wooyoung's photo card! and seonghwa's AR photocard AHHHHHH I'M SO HAPPY. which album did you guys purchased? mine is THANXX version hehe