Chapter 6: Control

A lady in her thirties entered Aiden's office but I can't take my eyes off his back. I was not able to speak back to what he had said. I was left dumbfounded with the words I just heard.

I'll never put my claim in you.

Those words kept echoing in my ears while I felt numerous needle stabbed on my chest. I felt like I was poisoned by a venomous snake. My body's numb, my head feels hazy and my breath hitched as I stare at Aiden's back. My wolf is in pain as well but it's me who's taking most of the blow.

I wanted to curse the bond between us. Not feeling its significance at the moment.

"My Luna," the lady greeted me with a low bow. She just acknowledged me as this packs' Luna yet my own mate thinks otherwise.

Is he gonna reject me? He doesn't want me?

Questions flood in my mind that I feel I'm going insane.

"Go with Aurea, she will assist you with everything you'll need. I don't want any male near you. Take that as a warning." Aiden's deep voice come out chilly again.

I'm not paying attention to his threat. My mind is focused on why he has someone to assist me or bring me to his home when in fact he can!

"I'll take you home, my Luna," Aurea said humbly, her eyes still on the ground.

I nodded at her. I don't think Aiden is open to argument right now. And I'm not near on begging anything of him.

My pride rises. My chin rose proudly as my ego continuously charging, fully ignoring my wolf's pain. I'm not the type who kiss any wolf's feet. Not my mate. Not even the Alpha.

"Let's go," I said to Aurea and started to walk outside the office.

The car ride was slow, letting me replay what had happened over and over again.

Maybe he doesn't want me. First, he didn't show up the traditional way at the ceremony. The scene he must have caused with Nick and I was because of his wolf being possessive with me. But not because he'd want a mate. Nor did he want me.

And then his words that don't speared my wolf straight into her heart come second but fatal. How could he bluntly tell me he doesn't want to claim me? I never did anything to him for him to be upset. We just met! And yet the thought of having me as his mate disturb him?

"We've reached your home, Luna." Aurea interrupted my thoughts.

"Please. Call me Ashira." I don't want any claim or acknowledgment of something I'm yet to be deserved of.

"I'm sorry but you're our Luna now-" she hesitated.

"I know you can't smell Aiden's claim on me." I cut her words. Bitterness touched the tip of my tongue.

"But that doesn't change the fact that you're our Alpha's mate, Luna." She even bowed lightly to me. I just sighed and let her call me Luna in the end. These wolves hugged the tradition righteously, their Alpha should be ashamed.

I hopped out of the car and saw a western build house in front of me. Painted in white, two-story, and surrounded by trees everywhere. This is Aiden's house.

There are no neighboring houses and far from the center which explained the long car ride.

"Alpha Aiden asked me to assist you. He'd given me instructions but I'll do first what you wanted to." Aurea said. We're inside the house now. She's holding my luggage that she might pick up at the guesthouse earlier.

"What's his instruction?"

"First is to show you your room, Luna."

I'll probably hear the rest of his order but I badly need to get off this dress.