Nice to see you again

Chapter three

- One week later morning-

Me and Carl shoot zombies in the prison tower. It gets our mind off death for a second and helps the prison.

"Kill 34." I say smirking.

"Oh yeah I'm already passed my hundred kill by now." Carl says and smirks. The group seems to grow to me. Daryl treats me like a little sister. Beth is good friend. Carol,Meggie and Gleen love me to death. Rick is ok with me and likes when I help with Judith. Hershel gives me books to read and he teaches me about farming.

"Hmm fine you win." I say and pout. He laughs. I frown and continue to snipe away walkers. Theres only about ten now. I look through the scope to shoot another. When I aim for it I see it go down before I can shoot it.

"Carl!" I shout at him and push him lightly.

"That wasn't me." He says and looks worried. We rush down the prison tower. When we reach the gate all the walkers are ready dead. I start to cry.

"Anissa is that you?!" Ashley says as she and Clare hold Jackson by his arms.

"Ashley, what's wrong with Jackson?!" I ask worried staring at my strawberry blonde friend.

"Bullet to the leg." She says panicked

"You know them?" Carl asks. I nod my head.

"You got let us in!" Clare shouts. Carl looks at me then my friends and opens the gate. He shoots at two walkers and closes the gate. Rick and the others run out.

"Carl!!" He shouts. Then he rushes to us. He sees the three we let in.

"Who are they?" He asks.

"Anissa's friends and one them is hurt." Carl says. Ricks nods.

"Alright bring him in. I'll take out that bullet." Hershel says. Ashley and Clare nod. When they get in the prison they lay Jackson on a empty prison cell bed. Hershel tells us he will be ok. Ashley and Clare decide to help Beth while Hershel takes out the bullet. I decide to stay and help Hershel. I hand him tissues. Soon they are caked with blood and then he bandages Jackson's leg.

"He'll be fine. He just needs sleep and for it to heal." Hershel says and gets up.

"So he'll be fine?" I say a little relieved.

"Yep. So don't worry." The he leaves. I look over at Jackson. The bandage is wrapped on his leg and his is sleeping peacefully. I wondered how he got shoot though.

"You'll be fine." I say even though I know he can't hear me. For some reason I feel a little differently when I look at him. I worry about him still though. Its not like a didn't before though. I just wouldn't show it. I shake it off and look at him and grip his hand. I don't know what I'm really doing. I don't know if I'm doing this cause I haven't see him in forever and I'm happy he isn't dead. Or if because he's a boy and the only boy I seen is Carl.

Thanks to Hershel he will be fine. Everyone here has been so nice to me. And I know they be nice to my friends. And now Carl can have a guy friend. I look at him one time then get up. When I get out of the cell I see Beth talking to Ashley and Clare carrying Judith.

"So what did Hershel say?" Ashley and Clare ask me.

"He'll be fine." I said simply they both just nod. Then I see Daryl with his crossbow.

"Hey ever think of letting me use that." I say and smirk.

"Nope." He says and smiles. Damn. I glare at him and stick my tongue out. I hear Ashley and Clare laugh. Then I smile and look at them. Its nice having them here again. After that we eat supper except Jackson. He is still sleep. During dinner I check on Jackson.

"I'll see if he's ok." I say and get up. Ashley gives me a glance then at Clare. I'm not sure what that's suppose to mean. I ignore it and go to his cell.

He's ok. I smile then I see Carl behind me. And I jump.

"Ah! Carl don't scare me like that."

"Sorry." He says and chuckles. I glare and sigh.

"Your friend ok?" He asks.

"Yeah. Hershel says he'll be fine." Carl looks at him then looks at me.

"Alright but you better eat before Daryl touches your food."

"He better not!!" I shout and stomp over to Daryl. Daryl looks at me and smirks.

"Don't worry I didn't." I sigh in relief. Then its night and everyone goes to bed except me. I secretly climb down my bunk/cot to check on Jackson. He is up with a flashlight by him.

"Hey." He says and smiles.

"Your ok. That's good."

"Hows your leg?" I ask.

"Well it still hurts but that guy with the white beard says I'll be fine."

"Hershel."

"Yeah him." He trys to lift himself up.

"Relax you got a bullet to the leg."

"Alright. Hey um..Hershel told me stayed by my side and make sure I was ok. Is that true?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"Thank you." He says.

"No problem."

"Well you should just relax for a while and Hershel says you can have his old crouches." I say and point to the crouches by his bed.

"Well you should get some sleep." I say and get up.

"Wait..I just want to say thank you again. And I'm glad your alive." He says quickly.

"As I said before its no problem and I'm glad your alive too." I then left. I go back to my bed and look at the ceiling and pull out the picture. They're alive. I don't know about the others though. But Ashley, Clare and Jackson are. With that I'm fine. Or at least I can be. Theres hope. Somewhere theres hope