III • I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL OR NEW ORLEANS

three | je te verrai en enfer ou à la nouvelle-orléans

Mikaelson Compound

Klaus Mikaelson is sitting at the desk in his own private study as he explains their situation with Lucien Castle, the very first young man who he turned into a vampire one thousand years ago in Southern France at the Court of Marseilles when the ordinary young man was only an unfortunate servant to Count de Martel in 1002 A.D., as Elijah paces back and forth in front of the lit fireplace while Monique Deveraux is sitting on one of the long leather sofas.

"And, given the circumstance, Lucien qualifies as both friend and foe, and according to Freya's prophecy--"

"--I doubt that Lucien is a friend of yours, Nik." Monique interrupted him as a reminder of how he left the young vampire behind one thousand years ago, considering the entire relationship he intimately begun with Aurora de Martel in the very first place when he knew very well that Lucien already harbored the same intense feelings for the young woman for a long time.

Honestly, if she was in Lucien's position at that old time, she would probably react the exact way; Klaus practically stole Aurora from him.

"I agree. You are to beware both friend and foe. But let us not forget family, Niklaus." Anyone can take them down nowadays, Elijah reminded him, especially once it comes to their dysfunctional family; both of their parents are already deceased, hence perhaps what remains to be their target is themselves, or even their siblings-- Freya? Finn? Kol? Rebekah? Anyone. They have many foes throughout their endless lifetime, and also friends, which means how are they supposed to be aware of anyone, at this point?

A shaky sigh of nervousness leaves Monique, "I don't like the sound of that." Especially once it concerns family, therefore which can lead to betrayals.

Klaus, clearly hurt by the insinuation, pauses for a moment before shrugging it off, "I still consider Lucien's two out of three-- I say we put him down. Just like old times." He smiles at his brother in a pleased manner.

"Just like old times? Brother, I wonder who among our family do you suppose has the greatest predilection for betrayal?" Elijah considered aloud.

A sigh of frustration leaves Klaus, "Brother, please--"

"--Now, before we murder Lucien, there are certain questions that need to be answered. Chiefly, what is he doing here?" Elijah questioned him sternly.

"I doubt that he's here just to send you an ultimatum. He must have an ulterior motive." As a shady foe; Monique wondered aloud anxiously.

Klaus remains silent, though looks at her curiously, as Elijah resumed.

"Yes, and the wolf venom...Why would he lie to you, his sire?" Monique is right, once again, as Elijah picks up one of his brother's larger paintbrushes and tosses it in the air before catching it several times, "I'm afraid we might have to resort to something deliciously medieval here, brother..."

A smirk comes upon Klaus' smug expression, "'We'? I take it you will lower yourself-- and your sweetheart to associate with your bastard brother?"

Elijah sends a quick glance at his surprised sweetheart at that, "I would ensure that she will never lower herself to associate with you, brother."

Klaus gets up from his seat as he earns a fake smile from his brother, averting his gaze between the pair, "Have you both finally forgiven me?" Considering how undeniably guilty he seems for denying his own feelings for the mother of his child, how burning with envy he seems to be whenever she would always consider and side with her husband rather than him. He knows now how unjust and wrong he truly was to take Hope away from her; how is the mother of his child going to forgive him now? She may never do.