Seven

Alone together, during Reign's free period, they were in his car. Parked in his driveway, on the edge of town, the opposite to where she lived. 

   "Reign, can you promise me something?" She swallowed.

   "Of course." 

   "Don't sleep with my sister."

   "Which one?"

   "Any, specifically," She looked up at him. "Pandora."

   "I can promise you, from the bottom of my heart, I have no interest in your sister." He smiled. "I'm here with you. You've known, for about twelve years?"

   "I know,  but I never thought Milo would have slept with my sister."

   "Well, if it makes you feel any better. We can continue being a secret, even one day in the future if we get married, I'll wear a veil too." He chuckled. "We can blindfold everyone in the ceremony, get a voice changer or have a text to speech for my vows."

For once, that aching in her chest felt softer, and lighter. Reign wasn't like Milo at all, she'd never known him to be dishonest, even the disgust on his face when they spoke about Pandora sleeping with her exes. Maybe, just maybe, Pandora can't steal this one away.

   "How do you feel now, about everything?" Reign traced circles on her shoulder blade, her face mushed against his chest.

"Much better." She smiled.

"Has your mum made that counselling session?"

"Yeah, for next Thursday."

"It'll be a good thing for you two, I promise." He kissed her forehead, before sitting up. "I wouldn't be surprised if it's all jealousy."

"That's such a basic reason for two girls to dislike each other." She pulled the blanket over herself. "Why do you think that?"

"Because you're incredibly smart, and good." He kissed her gently. "She's going after guys you've been with, because if they like you, then she wants the validation of being liked too."

"Ugh, yuck." She rolled her eyes. "You're making sense."

"I always do."

"Whatever." She leaned in for a kiss, greedy like a child desperate for candy.

"We should really get going, don't you have a class to get to?" He pulled away, brush her hair through with his fingers.

She reached for his phone to check the time, she would be about ten minutes late if they drove back to school.

"You should really get a phone case." She handed his phone back.

"I'm saving up to get a new car."

"What's wrong with this one?"

"It's too small," He struggled to find his uniform underneath the mess of blankets and her own clothes. "You're way too tall for this one. I swear every time we're in here, I think you're going to break it."

"Oh, boo hoo!" She began to get dressed. Thankful they he lived in a secluded part of town, and his garage was surrounded by trees.

"I just think it's a better investment."

"If you get a screen protector, and a case, there's less of a chance it will break, which will save you money."

"But a bigger car means I get laid."

"You'll get laid no matter what size your car is, idiot."

"Promise?" He grinned and held her face and kissed it.