Day one

Just a note before you start reading, this is FanFiction, so not everything is going to be true to the show. I may use cases that they worked on but I'm also going to come up with my own. Also, it's present day but everyone is their season 1-2 ages, if that makes sense.

Okay, that's all. Thank you.

Chapter one:

I walked into the headquarters, the only thing drowning out the sound of my pounding heart was my heels against the tile.

I walked up the receptionist's desk and waited for her to finish her phone call before speaking.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Natasha Sheppard. Can you point me in the direction of HR? It's my first day and I was told to go there to pick up my badge and access cards."

"Ah, Dr. Sheppard, I've been waiting for you to show up. You badge," she said handing me a Manila envelope. "A case in 15 minutes ago, head on up to the third floor to the BAU, you can fill out all of your paperwork when you get back."

A case already?

I found the staircase and climbed the two flights of stairs to reach the third floor. I walked down the hallway and rolled my shoulders back before opening the door to the bullpen.

"You must be Natasha Sheppard," a perky blonde said, seemingly coming out of nowhere. "I've heard so much about you, welcome to the team. I'm Penelope."

"Nice to meet you." I said sticking my hand out for her to shake, but was taken back when she pulled me into a hug.

"Baby girl, what did we talk about?" A deep voice chuckled from behind us.

"Boundaries." She said releasing me. "Right, sorry."

"It's fine, really. Hugs are actually really good for your overall health. The oxytocin released causes a reduction in blood pressure and of the stress hormone norepinephrine," I said, "There was one study that found that the positive benefit of oxytocin were strongest in women who had better relationships and more frequent hugs with their romantic partners."

"Oh so you're another genius?" The man from before asked, walking up and sticking his hand out for me to shake. "Derek Morgan."

"Natasha Sheppard, and it's common knowledge really. I w-wouldn't say I'm a genius."

"What's your IQ then?" He asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

"The last time I tested it, it was 180." I sighed, I didn't really like letting people know that I was, technically, a genius.

"How many PHDs?" Another blonde asked. Do all of these people just appear out of nowhere. "Jennifer by the way, but you can call me JJ."

"2, I'm working on a third."

"Eidetic memory?" The brunette that was sitting at her desk at.

"Yeah, and photographic." I answered skeptically.

"She really is just like Reid." She laughed, standing up. Who's Reid? "Emily Prentiss by the way,"

"Let me guess, you're 22?" Penelope asked.

"21." I said, kind of proud that they didn't guess that one thing about me.

"Ha, Pretty Boy's going to get a kick out of that." Derek said before turning around to face Hotchner, who had just walked in. He was the only familiar face, I had my interview with him. "Hotch, do you just go around to kindergarten classrooms on recruitment day?"

"We've got a case." Was all he said, causing everyone to walk towards the conference room that he walked into.

I walked into the room and stood at the back of the room near the door while everyone else took a seat around the table. There was an empty seat between the two people in the room I hadn't met. An older Italian like man, and someone who didn't look but a year or two older than me.