2- New Beginnings

This chapter is on the shorter side because there isn't too much going on yet.

happy reading :)

_____________________

*In Y/N's Journal*

Today's topic: the dreaded friend-zone

Oh to be in the friend-zone.

Who ever is reading this probably doesn't know what I'm trying to get at since I haven't written in here since I was in a relationship, but if you couldn't connect the dots...

I'm no longer dating Keigo Takami

We, well, he decided to break up because he wanted to focus on hero stuff, but his main reason was because he felt like it was dangerous for us to be in a relationship especially since the Kanaye incident. Did I really want to break up? No, but his reasoning made sense and I didn't want to beg anyone so I just went along with it. 

He's such a strange person, though. Like -how do I put this- there definitely was another reason for the sudden break up...

Ehh, whatever, I've totally moved on! 

Totally moved on...

Totally...

-------

Y/N put down her pen and just stared at the filled journal page in spite. 

"WHATEVER, I'M NOT LONELY" She yelled as she grabbed her journal and threw it across her bedroom. 

*RING RING*

Y/N angrily grabbed the phone out of her pocket and picked up. "What."

"What do you mean 'what', you were supposed to be at your own agency 10 minutes ago" yelled one of her "loving" assistants from the other side of the phone. 

"And why would I need to be there today?" Y/N questioned as she plopped back down on her bed. 

"Are you dumb? It's because you're the number 6th hero and you're suppose to be at your agency??" Y/N took a deep sigh, "Please tell me you didn't forget that you were picking your sidekick today...?" asked the assistant in a more soft tone.

Y/N stared up at the ceiling confused and then answered after a moment of silence, "Wait I thought I told you that I didn't want one?" she said 

The assistant sounded like she was about to scream from the other side of the line, "And then we came up with a compromise that if you just had someone for a couple of weeks, then you could decide if you wanted to keep them or not," said the assistant as she gritted her teeth together.

"Fine fine I'm on my way just give me....30 minutes" she could feel the assistants seething anger from the other side so she just decided to hang up 

_____________________

As expected, Y/N's interviews with potential sidekicks was more boring that she expected. It's not like they were bad its just that listening to people talk all day is boring as hell. Fortunately for her, she had just one more person to meet. 

"Keitaro Iwasaki, is it?" She asked the white haired male as he stood in front of her. 

*Reference pic*

There was an awkward pause and no answer so Y/N just decided to continue. "Um well," she coughed, "It says on your resume that you've never worked at an agency, but you graduated from Shiketsu High..." she looked at him confused.

"Barely..." he mumbled

"Wait, what?"

"I barely graduated from that place," he paused and coldly looked into her eyes, "I was neither strong enough or good enough to become a hero right after," he explained sighing. 

Y/N was about to say something, but Iwasaki interrupted, "All my time spent after graduating was to become stronger and at least be useful, so now I'm here,"

"But my question is, why this agency," she started, "Don't get me wrong though, it's nice to see people actually interested in working here I just thought maybe..."

"If I'm going to be honest, the only reason I chose this place is because it seemed like the easiest to get into, and it just so happened you were looking for a sidekick," he bluntly said.

Ouch.

"So then, what's this quirk of yours that you spent all this time improving?"

"It's called Lurk,"

*in Present Mic Voice hehe*

[KEITARO IWASAKI

QUIRK: LURK

WITH HIS QUIRK, HE IS ABLE TO CONTROL SHADOWS AND MANIPULATE THEM INTO THE PHYSICAL. HE ALSO HAS THE POWER TO PHASE THROUGH OBJECTS AND CREATE "SHADOW CLONES" OF OTHERS OR HIMSELF.]

(a/n: LMAO ik its similar to like Naruto and Shikamaru and stuff but bare with me)

"Huh, that seems pretty cool....I guess you're my new sidekick then," Y/N said as she stood up and started to walk towards the door with his resume. 

"What, why? What about all the other applicants?" Iwasaki questioned.

"I sent them all packing cause they were boring so I at least need to have somebody or else some people will be angry with me..." she said thinking of her dear assistant. "I'm sure you know that this job is only yours for two weeks max, so don't disappoint," she smiled, walking back towards him and patting his shoulder.

"Welcome to the agency"

_____________________

LOOK GUYS I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING 

Buuuutttt we have a new character

Anywaysss, see you guys sooner hopefully than later ;)

Ciao