The War

The battlefield stood blood soaked as Crystallia walked forward leading her troops away from yet another battle in this endless war. As she walked she tried hard to dream of what peace might be like, without death and battles. She looked up with weary eyes watching the skies for an aerial attack from their greatest enemies, knowing full well the Angels Guard was most definitely on their way as Crystallia marched her men away.

      This is how its been for as long as Crystallia can remember. One battle after another never any true clear winner just loss and death. The war between Heaven and the realm of the dead started long before humanity was even a thought. No one really even knew why they fought anymore, they just did. The two main parties in the war were Heaven ruled by Zeus and his children, and the Realm of the Dead ruled by Hades and his children. Crystallia was the eldest child of the latter, and it would soon fall on her shoulders to rule her realm and defend her borders from these feathered nightmares.

    Crystallia stood at the edge of the field as an angel messenger flew over towards the castle of her lands, making her kick her troops into high gear, fearing something awful about to happen.

     Her troops halted just before the castle gates where three angels stood at attention guarding Zues' oldest son. Crystallia drew her sword and slowly approached him. When she was in front of him and his guard she cleared her throat.
     "What is the meaning of this?" Crystallia said through gritted teeth.
    "I have a message for Hades" the angel prince stated.
     "I will only allow you inside once you are disarmed" Crystallia said flatly. The prince shrugged and took his weapons and handed them to his guards to hold till his return. Crystallia lead him inside to where her her father stood waiting for them.

     Crystallia stood worried as her father and the prince walked into her father's office. Her father turned to her before he closed the door.
     "Wait in the study for me to finish here. Go ahead and grab a seat there this might take some time Crystal" Hades said as he closed the door. She smiled slightly at the nickname her father always called her, as she made her way to the study to find a comfy chair to wait. She soon found that the steady click of the clock lulled her eyes closed. Sleep found her then.