Truth and Duty

Crystallia woke and rubbed her eyes. She sat up and looked around panicked at first till she realized that she was in her room. She got up and got ready.

     After she was dressed she went to her fathers study to meet with him. She stood by the door ready to push it open a sudden noise from behind her made her jump and spin.
     "Father you scared me" Crystallia said upset.
     "Sorry Crystal but I need to talk to you. There is some things I haven't told you yet" Hades stated
     Crystallia tilted her head confused.
     "Is this about that angel prince?" She asked.
     "Yes come and sit and I will explain" Hades said as he motioned to the seats. She sighed as she sat down not sure what to expect exactly.
     "I will start at the beginning, as you know this war has gone on for a long time without end. Well there was a treaty written up before you were born, while your mother still carried you." Hades said
     "Wait if there is a treaty why are we still fighting?" Crystallia asked confused.
     "Because the way the treaty was written it couldn't be finalized until the heirs to the thrown came of age." He said pausing for a minute. Crystallia looked at him waiting for an explanation as to what he ment.
     "Those heirs are you and Melody Amarillo, but as you know she was downed in battle. As such her next strongest sibling has taken her place. Her name is Kayla Amarillo. She just came of age, so finally it is time to enact the treaty" Hades stated.
     "Wait why did it require us to be of age? If we are both female?" Crystallia asked looking at her father for answers.
     "Because you and her are to be wed to fuse the truce. I know this is unusual but it is what is needed. From what I understand there are contingency plans in place to allow for you both to produce an heir as well as find your soul mates, but for now this is what is required of you." Hades said. "The wedding will be at the end of the month"
     "Father that is just two weeks away! Why did you not tell me about this before now?" Crystallia cried out.
     "Because if things went wrong and fell apart I wanted you to have no hand in it" Hades said flatly. "Your dress fitting will be tomorrow and Zeus and I will work out the details of the ceremony." Crystallia nodded sadly and rose frome her chair to leave the study. She made her way to the dining hall her thoughts wondering as she walked. 'How will this work? Sleeping next to the enemy like I am expected to? I do not want to die in my sleep with a knife in my back. I do not have a choice I guess though...' Her thoughts trailed off as she reached the dining hall to eat.

     The weeks passed by in a blur of dress fittings and wedding decisions. So much was happening Crystallia could barely catch her breath. She sat at her final fitting just one day before the wedding. Her father sat at her side looking at the completed dress.
     "It does look beautiful on you Crystal" he said encouragingly. Her dress was pure white save for the gold trim her father had requested and some jewel accents. It was long and flowed at her feet, moving with the slightest breeze, it was held at her waist by a golden belt that latched with a diamond dragon, the symbol of her realm.
     "Father I'm not sure about this. I haven't even gotten to meet her. I mean shes our enemy what if she tries to kill me in my sleep?" Crystallia fretted aloud.
     "She won't once the marriage is over you will be bond to each other as a fail safe what you feel she feels and vice versa. If you die she will too. The charm will always effect you when you don't feel love for one another strongly enough." He explained, but his words brought no comfort to his daughter.

     Crystallia went to be that night dreading the next day.