>Big Kid<

Requested by: [old request, will not tag.]
Words:  1021 words (not including these)

____________________________________

The sun was rising and you were just, overall excited for the day to start. You wanted to make sure you could see the sun before you went into your dad's room to wake him up. "mr.sun please come quikly". You were bouncing in place, waiting for the sun to shine through your window.

And eventually, it did.

"yaaay!" You jumped down from your window sill, ran into Great's room, and threw yourself on his bed, causing him to wake up from the sudden weight. "papa! papa! wake up papa!!" Great sat up, yawned, stretched his arms out, and placed you on his lap to give you a kiss on your forehead.

"Morning, sunshine. How'd you sleep?"

"I slept goooood!"

Great smiled, placed you back onto his bed, and then got up.

You watched as Great walked into his bathroom and then out. Watched him as he put on his shoes and fixed his sleeves.

"papa?"

"What is it?"

"can I spend day with Beny?"

Great combed his hair. He put on his hat while looking in the mirror and turned around, "Sure, why not? But go get changed, you're not going out in your pajamas, even if you're a kid."

"oky papa"

You crawled down the bed and ran into your room, Great following after you. Once Great got there, he picked out some clothes for your, and dressed you. You grabbed Great's hand and you both walked to Benevolent's room. He knocked on the door.

"One second please."

Benevolent opened the door, half dressed, to see you and Great at his door. He smiled at you.

"Good morning, sir. How can I help you?"

Great nodded. "If you don't mind," he looked down at you, "they want to spend the day with you. Is that alright?"

"Oh? Why yes, it's alright with me!"

Benevolent crouched down to look at you in the eyes. "We're going to have a lot of fun eating freshly baked things, aren't we?"

"yes! yes!"

Great smiled.

"Alright, please take good care of them for me, Benevolent."

"Yes, sir."

Great let go of your hand, turned around, and then waved a goodbye. He walked down the hall and disappeared into another hallway.

"Okay. Well.. let me just finish putting on my clothes and we'll head off for some patroling and then to my bakery, okay?"

You nodded and were led inside. He picked you up and placed you on a chair in his room. He put on his tie, his vest, his coat, his hat, and fixed his hair to have it snugly put in his hat.

He grabbed your hand, helped you get down the chair, walked out of his room and down the halls, and left the building.

"Good morning, Benevolent!", "Morning Benevolent!", "Good day sir!", "Hello (Y/N)!", was all you both were greeted with as you walked through the cities streets and into Benevolent's bakery.

"Alright kid, you can greet the customers. I'll also give you some things to stack if you don't mind doing that. The stepping stool is over there, okay?"

"But.. but.. me want to help make bread and other goods..!"

"Look, you're still a bit too young to handle the heavy equipment. So.. I'll let you help. As long as you don't touch anything 'dangerous' without my permission, okay?"

"oki, I can do that"

Benevolent smiled and then went into the kitchen, you followed after him. He put on his apron, switched out his derby hat for a chef hat, and took out a small apron for you.

He put it on you and then started taking out several cooking supplies.

"Okay, what do you want to bake?

"ummmm.... a cake!"

"Okay."

Benevolent went over to the fridge and took out the ingredients to bake a cake, and set them on the table. "Okay, here's the bowl and spoon. Let's start with the flour. I'll pour some into this measuri-"

"no!!! I can do it!"

"Oh? Okay, be my guest then." Benevolent said with a smile.

You carefully scooped out some flour and used a plastic knife to make the top of the cup flat.

Benevolent was impressed seeing that.

"Wow.. I see, I see. Your a chef too, hm?"

Giggling, you handed the cup of flour to Benevolent in which he added it to the mixing bowl. 2 eggs were cracked and thrown into the bowl. Sugar, milk, baking powder, and vanilla extract were all measured and later thrown into the bowl as well. You threw in half a cup of butter and wiped your hands on your apron.

The mixer was turned on and the sound of whirring was heard in the kitchen. You watched in amazement as the ingredients started becoming more gooey-like.

"Grab me a cake pan won't you dear?"

You nodded and went to look for one, bringing back a heart shaped pan in which Benevolent poured the batter in. He signaled you towards the oven and you ran over there, opening it so he can put the cake pan in it. The timer was set to half an hour. "Alright, now we wait! Why don't we clean up in the meantime?" You nodded and began helping out Benevolent clean.

30 minutes later.. the timer went off and Benevolent went to grab some mittens, took out the cake, and placed it on the counter top. You grabbed some frosting and heart shaped sprinkles and brought it over to him.

"Let's decorate it, okay?"

"Yeah!!!"

You both began decorating, having fun doing other things and before you knew it, the day was almost over and you were walking back home. The usual goodnights being told to you and Benevolent. You arrived home and ran straight to your room, Benevolent catching up to you later.

"Now, today was fun. Wasn't it? But now it's bedtime and you know daddy comes home late so let's tuck you in bed, shall we?"

"Ok.."

Benevolent smiled and changed you into your pajamas. Putting you on the bed and tucking you in.

"Goodnight, sweetie."

You smiled at him as he kissed you goodnight, dozing off to sleep.