Prologue

Yay! I'm finished with my next book. I didn't want to start posting chapters until I was finished with the entire thing, in case I needed to change ideas; because originally, I didn't have a clear ending planned for this book.

First: It was another reader/writer who gave me the idea for this book. Actually, just a prompt for a  one shot, but I made it more than that. So a big thank you to Madamesixx. She has a great Nikki6 book here on Wattpad called Beyond the Leather. If you haven't already, please check it out. It's 80 chapters deep, and still going. It will take you on a ride. Recently a glitch occurred for her, and her entire book, sans one chapter, disappeared. Poof, gone! She had the determination to upload the whole book again from files, the pictures too. For anyone, who's uploaded here, you know how difficult that would be to do over again. So, please stop by and see what she's got. A lot of hard work went into it. All of her hundreds of comments disappeared too. They're all gone, which is devastating to any writer. Comments are gold. So, if you like it, let her know! HINT: I love comments too.

So, this book is following my trend of working through the Crue studio albums and writing one shots and chapters using song titles. This book uses the Shout At The Devil song titles, but does not take place in that era. It's actually an AU story that takes place before the band is even formed.

Original idea: Tommy and Nikki are in high school. Tommy is in the marching band. Nikki is a football jock. One day while the drum line is out on the field, Nikki takes notice of a tall, handsome drummer. The next day in school, he determined to find out who he is.

Yeah, that happens, but I made it into so much more. Before I say anything else, if you're not a fan of AU or high school stories, please stick around. If you are familiar with my writing, I think that you'll like this just as much as my other stories. And I believe that it will appeal to a broad range of ages because it's set against the backdrop of the late 70s. Anyone a bit older, is going to be able to relate to this. 

This is really a coming-of-age story, with up and downs during a time in history when coaches could insult kids and smack'em in the head and student smoking lounges were still in existence. When kids were rebelling against conforming, instead choosing to live free without boundaries, while parents are trying to navigate murky waters, straddling the line of traditional family values and progressive values. An era when ideals were outdated and stereotypes were rampant.

OK, so just a little bit about the characters, and a few AU things you should know.

Tommy Lee: In this story he is Tommy Bass and he's 16 and a junior in high school. He lives at home with his parents and sister.

Nikki Sixx: In this story, he is Nicholas Feranna. I wasn't in the mood to deal with the whole Frank thing and his name change. It wouldn't have made sense for him, at this junction in his life to change his name, so I left the whole idea of it out. He is 17 (almost 18), and also a junior. He's behind in credits from moving around so much, otherwise he'd be senior. He lives with his mother.

Mick and Vince have smaller roles in this book.

Vince Neil: is Vince Wharton. He just turned 17 and is a junior. He lives at homes with parents and sister.

Mick Mars: He is Mick Mars and is 22. I'm not going to reveal how he comes into the story here in the prologue, but he's out of school.

Motley Crue: the story goes through an early formation of the band. It's a constant topic in the story, but not necessarily the main point; which much more about the growth of Tommy and Nikki.

A few other oft mentioned characters: Tommy's mom and dad, Tommy's sister, Nikki's mom, a few OFCs and OMCs (friends and girls.)

Other AU factors: 

*Time wise, Tommy fits in right were he would be (canon), and Vince is close. Obviously Nikki  is a few years younger than (canon), as is Mick.

*Nikki goes to school in California

*The band forms earlier than canon.

*While Nikki's birthday in this story is his actual one, and he'll be turning 18 at some point, Tommy's birthday is not written in, even though this story begins in early fall, close to when his real birthday would be. I want him to stay 16, as there's still a dynamic between Nikki and Tommy that is just more believable if Nikki is a bit older. Wiser? Maybe. Tommy is still trying to figure a lot of stuff out for himself. Well, so is Nikki, but I hope I was able to successfully express where they are in life, and the age difference matters.

Other:

This story became a lot longer than I anticipated. I used all of the Shout song titles, and I needed more. I did a lot of hunting to find songs that Nikki wrote during this era, but they never made it onto the album. They're scattered about on some demo tapes, compilations albums, and in written interviews. Some of the chapters are long because, I was out of chapter titles. I even used a title of a show they performed, during the Shout era. It's not a song, but I had to find another title somehow, or chapters would have been even longer. I'm posting two chapters to start and then will do one every few days.

There are a few slurs in here, as well as stereotypes and outdated values. It goes along with the way things were in the late 70s. There's also smut and violence.