Shrimp Cocktail

Star runs through purple clouds against a midnight blue sky as the sun sets holding Marco's hand. The sky behind them turns black quickly.
"I don't think we're going to make it!" she cries. Reality becomes pitch darkness creeping up bit by bit.
Marco agrees "Star! I'm sorry I ate your favorite cereal that one time." He squeezes her hand. "It's ok."
They're close enough now. They jump into the sun and portal out of that dimension and come out high above the ground among the heavens. They fall against a light pink sky laughing as wind blows through their hair.
"We did it! We did it. You had me worried for a second there, Marco." she says.
"I'm sorry I'm always the negative one, but I'm sure it's your positivity that gets us through... So how long are we going to be falling for?" he replies.
"I don't know. Looks like we're up pretty high. Let's just enjoy it for now."
They take in the moment. Marco grabs Star's hand and smiles.
"My greatest adventure has been loving you." he whispers."Even in times of darkness, I'm glad I have a moment with you."
Star smiles back. "Marco..."

Back on Earth, Star lays on Maro's bed as he folds his laundry. "Let's agree to never do that again." he says.
"Agreed, but maybe when i'm in the mood. Who knows?" she replies.
"Star! We can't keep having close calls like that. Anyways, I'm hungry. You know what I could go for? Shrimp cocktail!" he exclaims.
"What's that?" Star is confused.
"I still forget you're Mewmam. You have to try it. It's so good. There's nothing like it, Star. Ok, picture your favorite food." he says.
"Done."
"Now make it a little less tasty but with twice as much spunk." he says.
"I love it, already! Let's go get some." Star sits up.
"Ok!"
Marco stands triumphantly with a fist raised.

They stand in front of a mexican restaurant with a sign that reads "Closed for good!"
"When did my favorite Marisco's place close down?" Marco pouts.
Star holds up the foreclosure paper as she reads it. "It says they had an H rating for the health code. Is that possible?" she asks.
Marco crouches at the entrance burying his face into his arms."Gah! I have so many memories here. One time, I ate so many tortilla chips, they ran out and footed my parents with the bill. I loved it here!"
"Do other places have shrimp cocktails?" Star asks.
"Yea, but it's not the same. No places was as good as La Playa Azul. That means the blue ocean." Marco rants.
"Well the ocean is blue." Star replies." I promise you, Marco Diaz, we are going to find a shrimp cocktail that is just as good no matter how long it takes." She changes her tone. "We must survey the area and ask everyone we meet."
"We could just use yelp. It's an app that rates businesses based on their quality, service, and vibes." Marco rebutts.
"We do want the good vibes." Star replies.
"Let's go!"

They head to a spanish-architecture styled restaurant with bright, decorative paint and tile walls where a mariachi plays live, happy music and the waitstaff where's culturally appropriate clothes. Marco looks around as he's thoroughly surprised it has the same atmosphere as the place that was dear to his heart.
"It's kind... It's kind of nice. People seem like they're having a good time."
"It has the good vibes, doesn't it?" Star chimes in.
A waitress comes to their table "Hello, happy couple! Is there any drink I can get for you?"
Star jumps in "Two horchatas, please! And I do have a question... Tell me about the shrimp cocktail here. Do you enjoy? And don't lie to me. I need to find the best one since La Playa Azul closed down".
The waitress giggles "Ah, yes. We've had a lot of customers in search of a replacement for that place. Many have liked it here. I think you'll be pleasantly charmed by the shrimp cocktail. I enjoy it a lot."
"One please!" Marco says.
"Of course." replies the waitress. "It'll be ready in a bit." She walks off.
A few moments later they get their horchatas and gulp them down. Marco looks around.
"Maybe what I liked about the place wasn't the food but the environment. Everyone looks so happy and I think it makes me happy."
The waitress comes by with a shrimp cocktail. Marco eagerly tries it.
"No, it was definitely the shrimp..." Marco slumps in his side of the booth.
Star thinks for  a moment. "Marco, let's try another place but first I have to use the restroom."
She slips out as Marco slowly finishes his food. Star looks for the waitress that served them and spots her at a booth at the other end of the restaurant. She corners her. For a second, the waitress is scared. "What do you want?!" she says.
Star realizes she's being surprisingly menacing for a girl her age.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I might have  but not really. I just wanna find the shrimp cocktail that Marco used to love so much. It'd be a great thing for his girlfriend to get him. Do you have any idea or information that could help? I really want him to have it again." Star pleads.
The waitress sighs "Yea, I'm not really supposed to tell but I know the restaurant the cook who used to work there now works at. I can give you the address. It's a real fancy place. Just tell your boyfriend not to be too sad, ok?"
"Thank you so much!" Star lights up.
She goes back to the booth where Marco is silently weeping while finishing the last shrimp.
"Aw, Marco! Don't let it get you too down. You know what? I'm gonna take you to a nice restaurant to get your mind off of it."
"Ok." he replies.
"Hey Marco... can I borrow some cash?"

They enter a fancy looking french restaurant with candles and roses at each table. The soft sound of violins floats throughout the room. A fountain sculpture of an angel holding a dolphin sits in the middle of the place. Star and Marco are dressed for the occasion, Marco in a blazer and tie and Star wearing a baby blue dress but still with her headband horns of course. They're seated. "Wow, how'd you hear about this place, Star?" he asks.
"Uh, you know that app you were talking about. Kelp."
"Yelp." he replies.
"That's the one. I've got to use the restroom... again. Be back in a few." Star takes off directly into the kitchen. "I'm looking for Raymond!"
Raymond pops his head up from a dish he's working on."I'm Raymond. Is there something wrong with one of my dishes?"
"Yes!" Star replies. "It's that you haven't made my boyfriend a shrimp cocktail! He's been missing it since your last mexican place closed down. Please, I beg of you to make it one more--"
"Ok." Raymond smiles.
"Well, I did have a speech prepared. Could I still give it to you?" she smiles.
Raymond shrugs "Uh..."

Star walks back to her table and catches Marco staring off into the night sky through a window with the flame of a candle warmly hugging his face. She smiles to herself. "I'm enamored by you." falls out of her lips.
She takes a seat. "Hey, Diaz."
"Hey, Star. How has your day been? I'm sorry to fill it with this boring endeavor."
"Nonsense. I enjoy this just as much as running through crushing darkness." She replies.
"Why they haven't brought us a menu yet?" he wonders.
"About that." Star grins.
A waiter brings a shrimp cocktail in a glass cup. Marco looks at Star as he finally catches on.
"Star, you didn't."
"I did. The chef from La Playa Azul works here now." she slides the cocktail to his side of the table. He takes a sip and his eyes gleam with satisfaction.
"This is it."
"I just want you to try your favorite mexican dish." Star says.
"Well, you know the reason I wanted to find this so bad is because I wanted you to try the dish that made me happy for so long." he replies.
"Ok" Star takes a sip too."I like it."
They finish the shrimp cocktail as the sound of violins plays into the darkness of the night.