My Sick Angel

It's been raining heavily all day, but you knew there wasn't much at home, there was no use fighting it. You have to go out and get groceries or starve for however long this storm would have lasted for. Feeling reluctant you went to get dressed, put on a hoodie, grabbed your things and an umbrella and headed out into the rain.

You figured since the store was just 30 minutes away, it would be a quick trip there and back. While walking you spot a little girl walking in the rain, she was heading home alone from school. You thought it was a bit odd why she was traveling alone in such weather. You approached the little girl.

"Why are you walking alone in the rain? Where are your parents?", you asked scanning the area.

"My mommy was supposed to pick me up but I haven't seen her. I got scared waiting all by myself, I know my way home, it's not far from here", the little girl answered shaking like a leaf.

You sigh in response, thinking how irresponsible her mother was to not have come for her own daughter. You decided to give her your umbrella, telling her to be careful then putting your hoodie over your head and continued on your way.

You got to the store without getting too soaked in the rain and bought enough food to last about 2 weeks. It was a bit heavy but nothing you couldn't handle, being a hero and all. You went on back through the pouring rain which had somehow gotten harder than it was before.

By the time you had gotten home, you were completely soaked and shaking from the cold. You placed your stuff down on the kitchen counter and went up to your room upstairs to get out of your now soaked clothing. You took a warm shower and went to lay in bed.

You were completely burning up and no matter how bundled up you were, you couldn't stop shivering. So you decided to grab your phone and send a message to a certain doctor.

After about 45 minutes of waiting you get a message saying to come to the front door. You slowly climbed out of bed and went downstairs to get the door. Upon opening the door you see your boyfriend Kai standing before you, holding a grocery bag in one of his hands.

"Sorry for the delay angel, the weather really is awful today", he said setting his umbrella down in the holster.

You gesture at him, inviting him inside then closing the door behind him. You had taken a notice to the fact that he was wearing a mask, but given the fact that you were sick you didn't take any offense to it.

Kai walks over to you and places a hand on your forehead. "You're burning up, go on upstairs and lay down angel, I'll be up in just a bit. There's something I wanna make for you to help with this fever of yours", he said looking at you worriedly.

You nod in response and head back upstairs. You go into your room and crawled into bed and covered up under the fluffy blanket Kai had bought you when you were sad.

After finishing what he was making he headed up to your bedroom with a bowl of soup and a spoon. He placed it down on the bedside table and went to get a thermometer.

He then returned with said thermometer, "Be my good little angel and open your mouth for me", her said holding it out towards you.

Not having the strength to resist you allow him to take your temperature. After taking the reading, you see a look of concern and worry.

"Its worst than I thought, but I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle. I'll very much risk anything if it meant making my angel get better", he said gently rubbing your head.

You smiled softly at him while he took out what appeared to be a small pill from his shirt pocket. It was in a small clear zip lock bag with multiple pills of the same size, shape and color. It was strange to you, it didn't seem like any other fever pills you've seen before.

"what's that? I've never seen that kind of pill before", you said looking at him confused.

"This is my own personal creation I made when someone close to me was suffering from a horrible fever, it's perfectly harmless angel", he said with a calm reassuring smile on his face, "now open wide angel".

You trust him with your very life, he never steered you wrong before so you believed in his capabilities. You open your mouth and took in the pill he gave you. After swallowing said pill, you notice Kai reaching out to hold your hand, this came off as a surprise to you. You know him better than anyone, you knew for a fact that since he did that something was off. Just when you were about to open your mouth to speak, you feel a sharp pain run through your body, you squeeze Kai's hand in response.

After a few minutes you feel your body cooling down and you didn't feel weak or cold anymore, you looked at Kai in shock. Without saying anything he felt your forehead.

"Ah, you seem to be getting better already. I didn't doubt it at all my angel", he said placing a gently kiss on your forehead.

"You truly are something else Kai, I love you", you said looking at him with a big smile on your face.

"I love you too my precious angel, I'll always protect and take care of you", he said then placing a gently kiss on your lips that you gladly accepted, "now go ahead and finish your soup before it gets cold my beautiful angel".