Chapter 17: Kiss

School got back to semi normal, well Dumbledore came back and exams were cancelled again.

I snuck into the Room more often than not just to be alone. Ginny became my person since the Twins left. A weird thing the Room kept doing was leaving out those damn green apples. And when I told Ginny about it so said it was probably just because I thought of them, and not to think much of it. I couldn't help it though. Maybe I did have a secret admirer.

Malfoy surprised me there a few times. Two hot cocoas on the table when he was there. We sat in silence a lot, him not being one to chit chat, or talk about himself. He was a great listening though.

"Malfoy," I started, "Draco, why do you come here? You have a whole horde at you beck and call but you hang out here with Little Miss Mudblood." I added that last part with a slight smile, hoping it gets a chuckle out of the somber boy.

He grimaced, "Don't call yourself that. It's low and I feel horrid about it."

"Oh stop. Mr. Pureblood feeling bad? It can't be."

"No, I'm serious."

I stop joking, realizing he is serious.

"My family and I were brought up a certain way. Pure bloods are the only true wizards. Anyone else is below, or unworthy to weld magic. My family marries cousins to keep us pure. It never occurred to me that it was wrong, or strange until I started school and people hated it for me. I don't even have real friends because they are just afraid of my father."

I sat silent. This is the most he has said to me in years. I take a sip of cocoa, and a bite of pumpkin pastie. I didn't know what to say. I always just thought he was an asshole, but he really is just a boy that didn't have a choice in his upbringing.

He slammed his cocoa down and got up abruptly. "I shouldn't have said that to you of all people," he grumbled as he was about to walk out.

"Draco! Stop!" I shout getting up and grabbing his arm.

He turned suddenly, grabbed ahold of my face and pulled me into a kiss. Without thinking my hands wrap around his neck, pulling him closer as our lips collide. We end up in a deep embrace, our hands entangled in each other's hair.

Unexpectedly, I come to my senses: CEDRIC, I think as I push Draco away.

"I, uh, I can't, I'm sorry," I stammered as I rushed out the door, all the while I hear Draco calling out my name.

I don't look back or stop until I am up in my dorm, where I collapse on my bed, crying until I fall asleep.