Iida x OC Songfic

**Song: Girl All The Bad Guys Want by Bowling for Soup**

**This is my first time writing in a very long time so I hope you like it.**

8 o'clock, Monday night, and I'm waitin'

To finally talk to a girl a little cooler than me.

"I don't even know why I agreed to this. It's a weeknight!" Tenya Iida, hero name Ingenium, exclaimed to Izuku Midoriya and Shoto Todoroki. It had already been a long week, and the loud bar was one of the last places Iida wanted to be.

Todoroki looked at him out of the corner of his eye, stating simply: "I guess because Uraraka said she was dragging Yamada-Chan out tonight," before taking a sip of his drink. He fought the smirk that threatened to break out as he watched his friend start to sputter, turning red.

"I haven't any idea what you're talking about!"

His mind wandered to the short, curvy hero with the short, purple hair. Maybe it was true that the American had, in fact, caught his eye when she moved to Japan to live with her uncle, Hizashi Yamada, and joined their class. Maybe what started as a fascination for an interesting quirk and a unique sense of style turned into much more over the last few years getting to know her. Under the ever-changing hair colors, the combat boots, the pointed ears, studded with small piercings, and mostly dark-colored wardrobe laid an incredibly sweet, wildly smart individual, whose academic prowess ended-up rivaling his own. Perhaps her fiery and passionate streak, which insured people knew she wasn't one to be walked all over, drew him in. It's even possible that, in his eyes, the parts of her which should be his polar opposites, actually seemed to compliment his personality. Sure, these are things he thought. Thought, but never once spoken out loud.

With a sigh, he turned to see both Todoroki and Midoriya watching him, doubt ringing clear on their faces.

And when she walks,

All the wind blows and the angels sing.

But she doesn't notice me!

"How long have you known?"

Rubbing his chin in thought, Midoriya replied with: "I suppose I noticed it two years ago."

Todoroki cocked one eyebrow at this and asked: "Was it not our second year at UA? I know I wasn't as versed in these things as most, but I was pretty sure..."

"Second year?! There's no way I missed this for three whole years! Nope. I would've noticed," Midoriya argued.

"There were signs."

"Like?"

Todoroki sighed, took another sip, and stated: "Iida is normally straight-forward, matter-of-fact, and un-wavering. Around Yamada-chan, he turns into a blushing, babbling mess. Besides, he stares. I've never seen him stare before-"

"I do not stare" Iida cut him off, hastily, hands chopping through the air.

"You stare. I guess the biggest sign, however, was your reaction to Yamada-Chan dating Shinso."

Midoriya gaped at the man, "Five years? Five years, and you haven't said anything, Iida? Why?"

"Because, Midoriya, while she may be perfect to me, I understand that women like her don't date men like me. She deserves someone who can keep up with her, someone more carefree, less rigid."

Both men watched him sadly, surprised by his outburst, by his feelings for her and of himself. Midoriya opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted.