The concert switch

(Italics are Korean)

I lived in a world where once you and your soulmate were both past the age of 18, you would switch bodies, that is until you found each other. And me being 20 was hoping that my switch would happen sooner rather than later, since your chances of switching drop 40% once you reach the age of 30, so the sooner the better.

My name is Hannah Jacobs, a stereotypical American name if you ask me, and I was living my best life. I had seen BTS in concert a week ago and was currently finished with all my midterms, so I guess the only thing that would make this Christmas season better is finally switching with my soulmate.

When I finally arrived home for Christmas break, my mother immediately asked me millions of questions about how campus life was going, but my vision was starting to blur and I started to get very dizzy swaying side to side before I was standing on a stage, not my living room. Where was I? I suddenly hear a familiar voice speaking Korean. I turn my head and see Park Jimin. The Park Jimin. Fuck. I then realize I must have switched with my soulmate. Wait. If I'm on a stage, with BTS. I'M SOULMATES WITH A BTS MEMBER! Holy Shit. Once I calm myself down I realize Jimin has stopped talking. Jin was currently talking, it sounded like a closing speech. Wait. speech. Shit. I don't speak Korean. I turn my head the other way and see Kim Namjoon, thank god he speaks English. I shuffle over to him, lowering his mic and my own and say

"Uh I'm not whoever I am, I'm Hannah and I think I just had my soulmate switch. I also speak absolutely zero Korean."

He looked at me shocked. And laughed

"Yeah right hyung. If you really aren't Hoseok hyung, prove it."

"Wait. you said hoseok? I'm in my bias's body. Oh my god. How lucky could I get? Did I save someone in my past life?"

"So you're really Hyung's soulmate?"

I nod

"Well then say his hope line and saranghae for the ending speech, I know it's short, but we can't risk people knowing you're not Hoseok. You talk after Jungkook. Then when we all leave the stage stand near me and inside the red rectangle for the stage lift. okay?

"Okie Dokie, I'll try"

I was waiting for my turn and once Jungkook finished I took a deep breath in and aimed a finger heart at the camera pointed toward my face and began

"I'm your hope, Your my hope. I'm J-hope! Saranghae ARMY"

As soon as I said that line Namjoon quickly took over, even though it was like the shortest ending speech in history it was all I would be able to do without practically screaming to the whole world that I was not in fact J-Hope. It was also entirely cringy for me to imitate J-hope's line. The guys all started moving inward, so I followed Namjoon right into the big red rectangle, I was just hoping I didn't lose my balance on this thing. Namjoon must have sensed that as well and as soon as our lower arms were under the stage, he took hold of mine balancing me.

Jungkook looks at our connected arms, and my obvious lack of balance, tilts his head, and says something in Korean. Once again reminding me that I will have to learn a second language.

I followed Namjoon off the lift and into the back room. It was just the boys, and some staff until Namjoon said something in Korean. The staff left, leaving just BTS and Sejin.

Sejin: "uh Namjoon, what was so important, we had to have a meeting now?"

The boys look at him just as confused as I am, but I'm pretty sure it's for a different reason. I'm confused cause I have no idea what's going on. Everyone else is confused because of what Namjoon said. I look to Namjoon who says to me