one ☽

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚
avery's pov
˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

i pulled up behind the rental uhaul and my mom's car and parked, slowly getting out and looking at our new house. my mom and brother stepped out of her car and met me around the back of the uhaul. "kids.. welcome to your new house!" my brother and i looked at it and then looked at each other. it wasn't small, just different from what we were used to. we went to grab our suitcases from my trunk and made our way to the front door.

"i call dibs on first pick." i told my brother, luke, as my mom unlocked the door. he rolled his eyes and i made my way upstairs, briefly looking in each room, soon deciding that i wanted the 2nd master bedroom. our mom was getting the one downstairs, and me being the oldest i get the second one. plus i could not share a bathroom with a teenage boy any longer. 

i threw my suitcase on the bed and went back outside, where my mom was opening the uhaul door. we began bringing in boxes, leaving the big things for the movers to get when they got here. after they brought it all up, and we organized the house, luke and i decided to go for a walk to check out the neighborhood. we walked around the block, and on our way back we saw two boys playing football in their yard. well- attempting too. 

the chubbier boy tried running to catch the football the other boy threw- but he fell halfway there. luke and i stopped and began laughing at how disappointed the other boy looked. "you need to work on actually running before attempting a running catch." luke told them from across the yard. i lightly pushed him and rolled my eyes as the boys began walking towards us.

luke has played football since he was 10- so he had room to talk. "who are you?" the skinny boy asked. "luke. just moved in down the road." he said pointing to our house that was only a couple houses down. the boy nodded, "i'm greg and this is rowley." "avery." i introduced myself when they looked at me. "are you going to westmore?" greg asked. luke nodded, "8th grade, you?" he asked greg. "same. and my brother goes to crossland, he's a junior." greg told me. i nodded, "same." i laughed slightly. 

brother huh? i thought. "avery! luke!" we heard our mother yell and turned to face her. she waved us over and i sighed. "well see you tomorrow at school i guess." greg said to us. we nodded, "bye boys." i smiled and we made our way back home.

dinner had been made for us and was set up at the table. i grinned and sat down immediately filling my plate. i hadn't eaten since this morning, and mom makes great fucking food. "are you guys excited for school tomorrow?" our mom asked us. i gave her a look and she laughed, "there's literally only like 3 weeks left." i said to her. it sucked being a new kid, let alone being a new kid at a school that's gonna be over in less than a month.

"i know honey i'm sorry, on the brightside though- closer to summer." she tried to lighten the mood. i nodded and smiled slightly, "we'll be fine." i said and finished up my food. after we all finished i got the dishes off the table and cleaned them. luke wiped down the table and my mom cleaned up the kitchen. we soon parted ways and i went up to my room to get things ready for a shower. 

i took one, soaking in the feeling of having my own shower in a new house. i wasn't nervous for tomorrow, just wishing we didn't have to start at the end of the year. i finished up my shower and got ready for bed. i went downstairs to say goodnight to my mom and passed by luke's room saying, "night shithead."  i laid in bed and soon fell asleep.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

i woke up to banging on my door. i groaned and sat up, but couldn't see a thing through my blurry eyes. "who the fuck?" i said turning my head towards the sound. "school stupid." luke said and i heard his footsteps fade. i sighed and flopped back onto my bed. i laid there for about 2 minutes before i rolled out of bed and walked to my closet. i grabbed a pair of jeans, a black, fitted, long sleeve shirt, and my black old skool vans. i quickly put those on and walked into the bathroom.