CHAPTER 24

"It looks so cute" Abigail, Dylan's little sister said as she pulled the teddy bear her brother won at the waterpark close to her chest. I smiled at her cuteness, she was so pretty for a 13-year-old.

"Dylan won it for me" I told her and her eyes went wide then she pouted. "but I also want one, Dylan won't get it for me". I looked over at Dylan who stood leaning on my door frame and grinning.

"you can have mine" I replied.

"I can?"

"she can?" Dylan almost screamed. I raised an eyebrow at him as his face turned sour. I nodded my head slowly and Abi gave me a big hug. I hugged her back. We heard Simon calling for us to come down cos we were all going to hang out at the mall. Abi skipped out of the room and I followed suit, Dylan followed a couple minutes later and he didn't look too happy.

The others were seated on the island talking among themselves, Aiden was talking with Simon, Percy and Dale, Ivan and Alan were discussing in low tones while Emma and Miles were in deep conversation and they were so close that their heads almost touched. Abigail was perched on Alan's lap playing with my bear, Lady White. I walked over to Emma and Miles and pushed my head between them making Miles to blush and Emma to frown.

"she's my best friend, dude" I said and dragged her down from the stool. We walked outside to the cars, Dylan was already seated in one. I wandered what was wrong with him. Emma and I entered the car, I calling shot gun. Dylan was so busy typing away yon his phone that he didn't turn to acknowledge my presence. I waved my hand in his face but he didn't turn.

"are you okay?" he didn't respond. I shrugged and brought out my phone. I guess he was giving me the silent treatment but two can play at this game.

It took us only a few minutes to get to the mall. When we parked Alan shared us into various groups since apparently Ivan was too busy trying to clean the orange juice, Abigail poured on his jeans. I went with Emma and Miles, Percy, Simon and Dale then Ivan, Alan, Aiden, Dylan and Abigail. We went to Victoria secret first then the Nike store. I knew what it felt like to be a third wheel because Emma and Miles always had something to talk about either a tv show or a game that I knew nothing about.

Finally, it was around noon and we were supposed to meet in the food court. The others were already there when we arrived so I took my seat between Alan and Abigail, Emma and Miles were opposite me whispering to each other. I felt a little jealous cos she's my best friend and he's my brother but I felt left out. We took our orders and got our food. My phone vibrated and looked to see I got a text from Derek.

(H= Hazel, D=Derek)

D: Hey there, how're you doing?

H: great,

D: wanna hang out at the mall?

H: I'm at the mall with my brothers and a couple friends, were are you?

D: don't laugh, Victoria secret

I gave a short giggle making half the table to stare at me. I quietly put down my phone.

"are you texting somebody?" Simon asked making me blush. I quickly shook my head and started to eat my fries. Dylan narrowed his eyes at me but I just rolled mine. After a few minutes I asked Alan if I could be excused.

"take one of the boys with you" came his reply. I frowned at that. There was no way I was taking one of them with me so I used my secret weapon, my puppy dog eyes, he broke instantly and let me go but not before laying down the rules, that I should call if a stranger calls me, talks to me or even looks at me and all that shit.