Chapter 7

Jade's POV

I need to figure out the perfect gift that isn't romantic for Christmas for Tori. I think I have some idea but I don't know yet. Tori has decided that she is still going to go to school for music so I am thinking bout getting her stuff for school for her major.

"Trina, I need to go to the mall to look for something for Tori for Christmas." I say into the phone.

"You had me at mall, want me to drive or do you?" Trina asks.

"I'll drive, you drove last time, I'll be there to pick you up in a half hour, be ready."

"K!" I hear Trina say before I click the phone.

I dry my hair quick before running the straightener over it then put on my make-up before finding an outfit. I go out to my car and stop at the coffee shop grabbing a coffee for Trina and me, yah I bought a coffee for Trina don't ask.

I beep the horn waiting in the driveway for Trina. Tori and Mrs. Vega are at a doctor's appointment and Mr. Vega is at work.

"Here, I got you a coffee, your favorite a hazelnut latte." I say handing the cup to Trina.

"Thanks." Trina says smiling taking the coffee. "So do you have any idea what you are going to get Tori?"

"Yeah I have some ideas. I want to see what I can find, I already ordered something for her but I want to get her more."

"Are you ever going to tell her how you feel about her?"

"No, Trina she is going through a lot she doesn't need me making her uncomfortable by admitting my feelings. I want to at least have her friendship so I am not going to risk it by telling her I love her." I say sadly.

"I think you should. You have helped her so much over the past couple of months. She will know your feelings are true."

"That doesn't mean she will return them." I snap out.

"But she had feelings for you before."

"Yeah that was before the accident, she doesn't remember those feelings." I say sadly. I take a big gulp of coffee not caring about it burning my mouth a little bit. "Maybe we are just meant to be friends. I told her I was in love with her and she didn't believe me then she loses her memory and her feelings she had for me. She needs to focus on herself not me. For once I am not being my selfish self because I guess that's what love does." I just shake my head mad at my eyes burning.

"I'm sorry Jade." Trina says sadly.

"It's not your fault. It's mine, I was such an asshole to her when she first came her then I fought my feelings and kept up with my assholeness so of course she didn't believe me when I told her about my feelings." I grip the steering wheel tight enough to make my knuckles white.

"I don't think someone else would ever do all the stuff you have done for Tori." Trina says and I give her a half smile.

"Love is crazy."

Trina and I walk around giving me ideas on what I might get Tori for Christmas.

After we finish at the mall we grab more coffee, Trina buys me mine this time grabbing something as well for Tori. We head back to the house to watch a movie.

"Hey Trina, hey Jade." Tori says smiling when we walk in the door.

"Hey, here Trina got you a coffee." I say handing Tori the coffee Trina got her.

"Thanks." Tori says taking it smiling.

"How was the doctors?" I ask.

"It was good he says he is amazed with my progress even happy to know that I have been playing piano and having no issue with moving my fingers to play. He wants me to continue with physical therapy as well as our walks and playing piano." Tori says smiling.