Christmas Eve

December had brought snow, lot's of it, and Christmas was coming fast.
Sirius and Clara had immediately sighed the list for people who were staying over the holidays, and that was it.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The other students had left, leaving only a handful of Gryffindors. The common room was pretty much empty, only Clara and a few fourth fifth and second years. Clara had brought her cat down and was watching as Magic messed with a piece of string.
"Silly kitty."
Clara laughed. Magic had pounced on the string.
Clara looked up and saw Sirius gazing out the window, scowling. She picked up Magic and walked over.
"I'd ask if everything was okay but I know it's not. What's the matter?"
Clara sat down on the floor next to his chair and set Magic down.
"I'm not sure. We had plans and they went and messed them up because we were in Gryffindor. I knew they'd take us being in Gryffindor badly, and I knew I wasn't coming home for the holidays, so why does it feels so.... so horrible?"
Clara frowned.
"Because it seems as if they don't care. Yes, you wanted them to not care when they did, but when they finally stop caring, you wish they didn't."
Sirius scowled.
"This is not how I expected being different to be."
Clara nodded.
"I didn't imagine being here. I thought-no, hoped. I hoped I'd never see this room. But here I am. A Gryffindor. Looking out over the grounds, watching snow fall on a lake at Christmas Eve. I suppose this is better, really. We wouldn't see the snow at home. Or the way things really are."
Clara stood up.
"We can always do something amazing."
She said.
"Something other than being a Black in Gryffindor?"
Sirius asked, jokingly.
"Yeah.I read about a sword called the Sword of Gryffindor. Its been lost for ages and only a true Gryffindor can find it. I have a feeling it's in Hogwarts. If we find it we can prove everyone wrong."
Sirius nodded.
"Prove that this is were we belong."
Clara smiled.
"Defiantly. I'll get that book again."
Sirius nodded.
"Happy Christmas."
He smiled.
"It'll be the best one we've had yet."
Sirius laughed.
"Yeah, it will."
Clara picked up Magic.
"We'll make it so."