Ava | Chap. 14

I found myself surrounded by a field of flowers; the sun shone from a pale blue sky. My fingers caressed against the petals as I walked forward, my body enveloped by a sense of peace and serenity. I smiled when my Wolf's pelt reached the tip of my fingers while she walked by my side.

Her brown and red pelt looked pristine as usual, sleek and soft at the touch. Warm and comforting. She stopped and gazed up at me, her amber eyes filled with a questioning look.

Hold on... How did I get here, anyway? I don't remember anything either... Where was I before?

My Wolf tensed and I felt the fur on her neck stand. A wave of fear invaded my body as she cowered to the ground, tail between her legs. Startled, it took a moment for me to understand something was spooking her. I followed her gaze and gasped, taking a step back at the sight.

A large form stood before me, red eyes shining from its undefined form with a piercing glare. When ours eyes met, my knees flinched as I felt a crushing weight press onto my shoulders. I screamed in agony, a wave of pain invading my head.

"STOP!!! MAKE IT STOP!!" The creature leaned from it's stature, gazing down at me from all it's might. "STOOP!!"

I felt the floor collapsed beneath my feet and I fell into an endless void. Suddenly, I felt the ground slam against my back and a sharp pain invaded my side. I cringed, biting my lip in pain while I gazed at my waist, realizing it was wrapped in bandages.

"Calm down, you were dreaming." Rasped an old lady while she gently removed my bandages and checked for any infection.

I know her face, but I can't recall her name...

"Are you hungry?" I gazed up and instantly recognized Cade with his icy blue gaze kindly lifted with an angelic smile.

It was then that reality struck; I was on Selene Pack territory and was taken into the Pack Mansion after I blacked out during Jace's mating ceremony. Shortly after, a Pack of rogues attacked us...

And killed Xavier, Selene Alpha.

While the lady -who I remember to be Kira- continued to work on my bandages, my gaze averted towards Jace and my Wolf howled with sadness when I noticed his bagged eyes. He looked awfully tired, his hair was messy and his skin seemed pale.

Then I remembered Cade's question and blushed when I realized he was still standing nearby, waiting for me to answer.

I nodded. "Sure, I could eat."

He smiled, and walked over to a cauldron which was hanged over a fire and scooped out a liquid into a bowl carrying a mouth watering scent with it. He handed me a wooden bowl and I blew onto the content before taking a first sip. The comforting warmth of the soup melted into my mouth and I smiled.

"Thank you, it's delicious." Cade smiled and handed another bowl to Angel, and continued to distribute the soup to the others.

Which made me beg the question; why did he give the soup to me first? And why did everyone else wait to eat? As Omega, shouldn't I be the last to eat?

Guess they took petty on me because I'm wounded... I gazed at the bowl, suddenly feeling guilty I drank the content without a second thought.

Strangely, I realized Kira wasn't handed any soup and I gladly offered mine. She shook her head. "No thank you dear, I don't eat meat."

I nodded but also frowned. She's a werewolf, we are prone to eat meat!

"We're leaving." Jace's stern voice rose from the silence.

Angel growled. "Jace, we haven't even finished eating!" He scowled, eyeing Angel with an intense glare.

"Then you can stay behind with the others!" His statement sounded more like a punishment as he practically shouted at the female. To my surprise, Angel didn't flinch one bit and gazed down with a frown on her face. I was honestly surprised. Jace is the Alpha now; aren't werewolves supposed to follow his orders?

I was pulled back to reality when Cade suddenly ripped his clothes as he turned into his Wolf and settled his icy gaze onto me. I barely held my amazement, astounded by the size of his Wolf. He was so big! At least twice the size of mine. And his pelt; it was golden like the sun. Truly beautiful.

No, it isn't weird to admire another werewolf's Wolf form -I hope- and as a girl who's barely seen any other Wolves in her life, I'm pretty much amazed at the diversity of this Pack.

Cade gave me a wolfy grin while Kira helped get get onto my feet. Aware of his size, Cade leaned down and placed his paw like a step to allow me to climb onto his back. I was astounded to see the size of his paw compared to my feet when I placed my foot on top; his leg alone was at least an inch wider than my shoe. I cringed in pain, clenching my teeth when I hauled myself onto Cade's back but I managed to hold on.

It felt weird to sit on a Wolf's back. His fur was so soft but also a little prickly to my thighs -i am only wearing a dress after all- and I could feel Cade's muscles ripple under his skin when be stood up. I almost stumbled and instinctively leaned forward, clutching tufts of fur in my hands.

Movement caught my eye as Jace walked forward completely rid of his garments. Cheeks red, I turned away and laid my head onto Cade's neck fur. It was so soft and cozy.

'Comfortable?' Asked Cade over the link. I nodded with a smile.

Jace took the lead and it was then that I noticed his Wolf's pelt was black, but his muzzle and underbelly was a snowy white which kind of gave him a certain look of wisdom. But his eyes... His eyes gave a whole other story.

'Zed, with me.'

He turned his head away before I could give anymore thought and broke into a run in the forest. Instantly, I clenched my grip on Cade's fur, ready to endure an ordeal of pain, but my Beta's voice reassured me over the link.

'Don't worry. I can follow him by scent.' I smiled and grazed my hand into his neck.

"Thanks Cade." He nodded and told me to hold on tight as he started off with a light trot into the woods, following Jace's fresh scent trail.

-*-

Consider leaving a VOTE and a COMMENT for more!