Chapter 46: So..?

I looked at her. "Meredith you better not be lying!" I said as I pushed my hair behind my ear and rushed to her. She just sat on the floor crying. I sat next to her. She handed me the test.

I saw the two pink lines. "Oh my god Meredith." Was all I could say.

She stared at me. Not saying anything. "Come on." I said as I grabbed her hand and helped her up. I walked us to the kitchen and I sat her down on the island bar. "Tea or coffee?" I asked her.

"Tea." She answered quietly.

I brewed her tea and made my coffee. "Okay talk to me. How are we feeling about this?" I asked her. She looked up at me.

"I'm scared. I don't." She said. I looked at her.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't stress about it. How far along are you?" I asked.

"I haven't even gotten to the hospital." She said.

"Okay, so it could be a false alarm." I said trying to give her logical explanations.

"But what if it's not?" She asked.

"What do you want to do if it's not?" I asked. She looked at me.

"I won't tell Sodapop." She said.

"Mer I don't mean to get in the way of your decisions. But are you sure you won't tell him?" I asked. She stared at me.

"I don't want him to be out there worried or scared.." she said.

"Okay, if that's what you want. I'll support you. If this is real, I'll help you in every possible way Meredith." I said.

"Thank you." She cried.

"We'll go in tomorrow and see what's going on okay?" I said. She nodded. I hugged her and kissed her forehead.

"It's all gonna be okay. I promise." I said. We went to sleep after since we were both tired. After I made sure Meredith was sleeping, I went to my bed and fell asleep.

-

The next day, I called to make an appointment for Meredith. We ate breakfast and cleaned around the house and got ready to go. We got to the hospital.

"Meredith?" A nurse called out. Meredith stood up and looked down at me.

"Can you... come with me?" She asked. I looked at her and nodded. She softly smiled and we walked into the doctors office.

The nurse asked Meredith simple questions and then the nurse left. The doctor then came in and gave Meredith an ultrasound. "Well, congratulations you are a month pregnant." The doctor said.

Meredith looked at me and her eyes began watering. "I'll let you two alone." The doctor smiled.

Meredith sat up and cried. I hugged her. "You're gonna be okay Meredith. I'll help you, I'll take care of you." I said.

"Thank you." She whispered. I smiled softly and placed a small kiss on her forehead. We got to the Curtis house.

"Are you gonna tell them?" I asked as we walked up the stairs.

"I have to at least tell his brothers" Meredith sighed.

We walked in and saw Ponyboy and Darry sitting at the dinner table. We greeted eachother and took a seat down.

"I need to tell you guys something." Meredith said nervously.

"We're listening." Darry said.

Meredith looked at me and I nodded.

"I'm- pregnant." Meredith said.

Darry's eyes widened. He and Ponyboy looked at eachother.

"I'll let you guys talk" I said I felt like I was interfering. Meredith agreed with me and I walked out. I decided to go for a walk. I walked around the neighborhood. All of this was so weird for me. My parents come home but they don't really talk much with me anymore. And Leo. I haven't talked to him in a long time. I try calling the house he's staying at in Italy but I never seem to catch him there. He never calls or anything. I've felt more alone than ever. I had Steve here and I guess I wasn't as alone anymore. But I don't even have him here anymore. I was more alone than ever now.

And with every say that goes by, I wonder even more if I'll ever get to see him again. Will I ever get to see Steve and Sodapop again?