Spider webs

Three days after the trio separated, they were assigned a new mission together. Their crows told them where to go and left without any more information. Nezuko was happy to start another task, one step closer to finding a way to heal his brother, Zenitsu had a fangirl moment by just the thought of spending more time with the demon slayer girl, but unlike the two of them, Inosuke was suffering.

'WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THEM? WHY DO I HAVE TO JOIN THEM IN THIS MISSION!? THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE HERE. ARE THEY EVEN AWARE OF THAT!?' Inosuke thought to himself, fidgeting restlessly.

After going over his thoughts, he pace palmed, knowing this was a good thing. His goal is to kill the demon Nezuko carries with her, and there is no better way to execute his plan than to be around her. Why did he feel so bothered to begin with? Why didn't he remember his plan? Was he perhaps losing interest in the demon's death?

'No way, I want to see him killed. It is my job as a demon slayer to exterminate every demon I cross paths with. The crops may not be aware of his existence for now, but I'll make it happen. And once I get their ok to kill, it will lights out.'

Once the three slayers were ready to head to Natagumo Mountain, they began jogging to their destination. It took half a day to get there, it was now night time, and demons were roaming every corner. Zenitsu has always been a scaredy-cat, and demons were not an exception. He also has a lot of pride and love for women, so he's got to play his cards correctly and not say anything that might give away his actual feelings.

'Th-this mountain... is terrifying!!!' Zenitsu looked at the ombre blue boy, searching for any sign of fear, but none was found.

"We're here!" Nezuko announced proudly.

"Hey, Nezuko-chan..." Zenitsu started.

"Hm?"

"Don't you think maybe that mountain, may, I don't know, freak you out a bit? You don't have to lie; I can stay here and protect you-!"

"Aw, shut up already, stop stalling!" Inosuke yelled, running towards the mountain. Nezuko followed along.

"WAIT, GUYS-"

When they entered the mountain, Nezuko and Inosuke found a demon slayer in evident fear. They went up to him and questioned him. The demon slayer explained how his troop began slaughtering each other without context. He said there is a high chance the duo would die since a Hashira is someone who is more fit for this job.

"That's the creaking noise I heard before everyone started killing each other!" The demon slayer exclaimed.

Soon, many bloody demon slayers entered the scene, swinging at the three of them with their swords. They eventually realized they were being controlled by threads and cut them off, but the spiders kept coming back to re-attack the victims.

"There is no point in killing the spiders either! There has to be at least a million of them; we have to find the demon who is controlling them!" Nezuko commanded.

"Gotcha!" Inosuke replied, cutting the threads of a demon slayer who lunged at him.

"If you have any power that can pinpoint the demon's location, the hat would help! I can feel my brother getting anxious in the box, and I don't want him to battle; we must find them quick!" Nezuko dodged as she spoke.

Inosuke wanted Tanjiro to come out. Since he is a demon, the demon slayers would try to attack him. It would give him a chance to take action as well, but the situation didn't allow him that privilege. Many slayers were dying, and things had to be done. Inosuke plunged his swords into the ground and kneeled, directing his hands open to each side.