Unwanted Pain | Chapter 3

Summary: Igneel dies, Natsu goes into depression. There is a spell to bring him back, but at a sacrifice, will Igneel come back, or stay dead?

Disclaimer:I do not OWN any of the characters! Hiro Mashima owns ALL of Fairy Tail!

Natsu's POV:

It was morning again and the rain had stopped. We started gathering our stuff to head back to the guild. On the way to the guild, I started going through memories of me and Igneel. I don't remember too much of my childhood with him. But I can remember when he taught me fire magic, him protecting me from the rain, him finding food for us. It was amazing. But...I'll have no more of those days...never again.

Why did it have to be Igneel that had to die? What could he have done that could have gotten him killed? Igneel was the nicest dragon you could ever meet. I finally had found him, after years and years of searching. But, of course, by then it's too late. Igneel is what drove me on...the thought of finding him. Now what will I do?

Time skip

Lucy's POV:

It has been 3 months since we found Igneel. We got him buried under the Sakura Tree, with permission from the mayor. They now have the tree cut off with a railing, with the word "Igneel" embedded in the wood. The people didn't seem to mind, and was happy to give something to Fairy Tail's salamander, especially when they heard that it was his dad that he found and needed to bury. We haven't seen Natsu in 2 months. He tried coming to the guild some the first month, but he was so depressed he never did anything.

He hasn't come by my house either since the 1st month. At first I was happy, my own bed to myself, but I could never seem to sleep. I get an average of 4-5 hours of sleep every day now. But it's better than Natsu, according to Happy. Natsu hasn't eaten anything, talked, slept, or even moved much in the past 3 months! Happy says when Natsu does sleep, it's 3 hours because of nightmares.

Today, I made Natsu his favorite meal, and I am going to his house and talking it out with him. I know he was sad, but he is practically killing himself. So, as much as he needs to be alone, I have no choice but to go and help him. Plus, it's been months, it's time he lets his family help him as well. Happy was going to stay at the guild while I go try to talk to Natsu.

I grab my belt which has my keys, and put it on. I then grab the basket with food and start heading to Natsu's house. The fishermen waved at me like every day, while I also got a few hellos from some of the people here. That's another thing Natsu brought me to this wonderful place, and helped me. It's time I repay him the favor.

After about 15 minutes of walking, I finally see the sign that says, "Natsu and Happy" and I gape at what I see. Yes, everything was normal, except that it seemed like nobody had cut the grass! It was to my knees, and I could just imagine all of the creatures hiding in the grass. I can especially think of a slimy slithery one that makes the. "Hissssss" noise! I swallow the lump in my throat and shake my head. I have to do this...for Natsu. I can't be scared of this, I'll be fine.

I sigh and practically run across to the doorstep. I give out another sigh as I raise my hand and knock on the door. "Natsu! It's Lucy! May I come in?" I yell. I heard no response, but I know he is here as I can see fire coming through their chimney. "Natsu? Please? I brought food for us to eat!" I yell again. I hear no response and this time I frown. Hmm..so he won't answer the door. Fine then, let him have it his way. "Natsu, I am fixing to come in!" I yell as I open the door. Nothing, not even what Happy told me could prepare me for what I saw.

Natsu stood in front of the door with his arm out, as if to open the door. But that's not what I am talking about. His eyes were red and puffy, and dark purple circles under them. He was skinny, not that he was ever big, but you could see a lot of his bones. His hair was unkempt, and his place was untouched except for the bed. What she means is, she cleaned his house before that job, and nothing was out of place except his bed.

"N-natsu...I um..I brought you your favorite meal!" I say as I give the best smile I can. I don't want him to feel awkward, I can't let him see how his appearance is affecting me. Then something happened that I can't believe happened. "Tch. Go away Lucy." He told me. All I felt was shock. He has never been like this, and he called me Lucy instead of Luce! "Natsu, I know you are sad but that is no way to treat your comrade!" I tell him. "Lucy, leave! Just go! I don't want to see you here! You would never understand!" He yelled at me with tears. I knew he didn't mean it, but it still hurt. "Natsu, I know you are in pain, but you have friends here to help you." I tell him. "Lucy! Go okay! I don't need friends and I don't need you! Just let me be!" Natsu yelled at me before closing the door.

I could feel the tears going down my face. "I'm sorry Natsu. I know you are in pain. Come to me when you are ready to talk to someone, the guild is also opened. I'll leave the food out here on your doorstep, also, please wipe the tears before Happy comes home and try to be happy around him. You are still his caretaker, and he misses you." I whispered but I knew he could hear me. I set the basket down on his doorstep and walked back to my apartment. I couldn't get over the shock of having Natsu kick me out like that. It wasn't like Natsu at all, and it really hurt. More that anyone could imagine. More than I thought it could. I started thinking about everything we had been through, and I realized I loved him. Yes, loved. I knew long ago that I liked him, but I just figured out that it progressed to love. I sigh as I think back to what just happened.

Time skip

Lucy's POV:

I was finally back at my apartment and all I could think about was how Natsu looked. I knew what Happy told me, but I never thought it would be that bad. I thought of all the ways I could help him, but I came up empty. I had no clue what I could do. I sigh as I start undressing to get ready for a shower. I get all my clothes and head to the shower. As I was getting the water ready, all I could think about was what I could do to get him happy again. I would do anything for him. I get in the shower and let my mind relax as I wash my hair.

Once I was out of the shower and dressed, I sat on my bed thinking of something I could do to pass time. I thought about taking a walk, but it had started to rain. I decided I would read a little then fix me some dinner. I go over to my bookcase and search for a book I could read. My eyes landed on a book I can vaguely remember. Wait...the spell book! I decided I could learn a few more spells as I grabbed it and opened it again.

(A/N: Hello! I have one more chapter to this story and it's done! This story has been incomplete for awhile now...I left on a break then started a new book! I am honestly so mad at myself for leaving it for so long. I have been trying to research something that will be explained at the end of the next chapter. Please review!)